Alex Echo auction - terms and conditions
By bidding you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions:
1. The auction is open to Festival Society Members, Associate Members, Tour Members, Funding Members, Glyndebourne Association America Members, Old Green Room Society, their friends, family and guests aged 18 and over.
2. When you place a bid you thereby enter a contractually binding and irrevocable obligation to complete the transaction if you are the winning bidder. If there are two or more bidders with equal claims to be the winning bidder, Glyndebourne General Director shall select one by drawing names out of a hat.
3. The decision of Glyndebourne General Director as to the winning bid or otherwise, together with any exercise of his discretion hereunder, is final.
4. You are not able to retract a bid under any circumstances after it has been submitted.
5. Before you place a bid you must ensure that you are able to bid for and to buy in compliance with the law and in accordance with these and any specifically applicable terms and conditions.
6. The winning bidder shall be responsible for payment for delivery of the artwork.
7. The lot will lapse and not be claimable, unless it has been fully taken by the end of 31 December 2017.
8. No cash alternative will be offered and Glyndebourne Productions Ltd accepts no liability should the artwork, for any reason whatsoever, not have been taken within this time period.
9. Winning bidders will be sent a letter or an email setting out the details for claiming the artwork which will include requirements relating to the due payment of the bid fee and other matters. Failure to comply with all such requirements shall entitle but not oblige Glyndebourne General Director to declare a bid void, and if he does so the artwork will be award to the appropriate under-bidder at the General Director’s discretion. If he does not declare the bid void then the winning bidder shall remain liable for payment of the bid fee.
10. To the extent permitted by law, Glyndebourne Productions Ltd does not accept any liability for any loss, damage, claim or costs howsoever arising from or incurred wholly or partly by participation in the auction.
11. The decision of Glyndebourne General Director shall be final and unchallengeable and in his absolute discretion he may declare any entry void.
12. The decision of Glyndebourne General Director shall be final and any exercise of discretion, or agreement, by the General Director specified in these Terms and Conditions shall be in his sole and unfettered discretion, and no correspondence will be entered into. The General Director may authorise a representative to undertake any or all of his functions under these terms.
13. The winning bid will not be eligible for Gift Aid.