General terms and conditions
Find the terms and conditions for the use of glyndebourne.com, our complaints policies and community guidelines.
Website terms and conditions
Your use of the Site is subject to these terms and conditions (the “Terms”). If you do not agree to the Terms you may not use the Site. Please read these Terms carefully. If anything is not clear to you please contact email@example.com.
The Site is controlled and operated by Glyndebourne Production Ltd (“GPL”, “we” or “us”) from our registered office at Glyndebourne, Lewes, Sussex BN8 5NU (Registered in England & Wales with Company No. 00358266 VAT No. 785415013
Your use of www.glyndebourne.com is subject to the following conditions and you should not use this website unless you accept these conditions:
- Glyndebourne Productions Ltd accepts no liability to any person for loss or damages incurred as a result of reliance upon material contained at this website.
- Performance details on the website are subject to change without prior notice. Glyndebourne accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of information or material accessed through it.
- By logging on to www.glyndebourne.com you will be assuming all risks associated with use of the site, including risk to your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus which might be transmitted or activated via the Glyndebourne site or your access to it.
- Glyndebourne is not responsible for the content of any linked site and the inclusion of a link does not imply any endorsement of that linked site.
- You will only use www.glyndebourne.com for personal private use
Glyndebourne copyright notice
The text and images contained at www.glyndebourne.com belong to Glyndebourne Productions Ltd (GPL) unless otherwise stated and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. You can print or download any part of the text and images for personal use only and any copies must retain the copyright or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material. Any other use could lead to action or breach of copyright.
You may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, report, or use the contents of www.glyndebourne.com for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio and video without the written permission of Glyndebourne Productions Ltd.
Terms and Conditions
- The materials, data, text, images, video and audio contained on the Site belong to GPL or its licensors and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. Unless otherwise stated on the Site you can access, view and (where possible) print any part of that content for personal, non-commercial use only but any copies must retain the copyright or other intellectual property notices contained in the original. All other rights are reserved. Any other use could lead to breach of copyright or other rights without the prior written permission of GPL or its licensors. [We will not always be able to give our consent but please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with requests for such permission.]
- Unless otherwise stated the Site content is provided for free and is for private, non-commercial purposes. Although GPL endeavours to keep the information on the Site accurate and updated GPL makes no guarantees or representations as to the Site’s accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability. GPL assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site. You acknowledge that such content may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. We recommend that you contact email@example.com to confirm performances or other information.
- Your use of the Site is at your own risk. GPL does not guarantee that the Site will be compatible with all hardware and software that may be used to access it. You are responsible for all telecoms access services and computer equipment and software necessary to connect to and use the Site. We do not have any control over, or responsibility for, such these. Neither GPL or any other party involved in creating, producing, hosting or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access to or use of the Site. GPL assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing of the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from the Site.
- Any communication or material you transmit to the Site by electronic email or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. GPL or its affiliates may, but have no obligation to, use or amend anything you transmit or post for any purpose in any way without further consent from or any payment to you. Please do not submit anything that cannot, or you do not want to, be used in this way. GPL reserves the right to remove any communications transmitted to the Site including but not limited to the reasons set out in 8. below.
- The trade marks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on the Site are the registered and unregistered trade marks of GPL and its licensors. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting a licence or right to use any Marks without the prior written permission of GPL or its licensors. [We will not always be able to give our consent but please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with requests for such permission.].
- GPL has not reviewed all the sites linked to or from the Site and is not responsible for the content of any off-Site pages or any other sites linked to or from the Site . Any purchase of goods and services made through third parties shall be subject to those third parties’ terms and conditions.
- GPL reserves the right but accepts no obligation to monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmission and bulletin boards on the Site. GPL assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of such material nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, danger or inaccuracy in any information contained in such elements of the Site. You are prohibited from posting scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane materials or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. GPL will co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing GPL to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
- Remember that you will be legally responsible for all the material you do submit to the Site – think before you post!
- The formation, existence, construction, performance and validity in all aspects whatsoever of these terms and conditions shall be governed by English law. Your continued use of the Site indicates your acceptance of these Terms.
- GPL may at any time revise these Terms by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the current Terms.
- You must not, nor try to, make mass, automated or systematic extractions of the Site content, or use it to create or include it within another paper or electronic database, or try to re-sell it or re-distribute it. We reserve the right to prohibit or restrict the way in which other sites link to or frame or re-present any of the Site content.
- Note that you will be asked to agree to additional terms and conditions in order to use or carry out transactions on other parts of the Site: in particular if you are booking tickets or purchasing products from the Site shop. Only you or we have the right to enforce any provision under these Terms and Conditions.
- If you are in breach of these Terms, or we have reasonable grounds to believe that you are, we may suspend and/or terminate your access to this Site without prior notice. If you are in breach of these Terms and we do not take any action against you, we may still take action against you later or if you breach the same term on another occasion or if you breach a different term.
- We intend to rely upon these written Terms, as may be amended in accordance with paragraph 10 above, and the other terms and documents referred to in it, as the entire understanding between you and GPLrelating to your use of the Site. If you and we agree any changes, please make sure that you request that these are confirmed in writing. That way we can avoid any problems surrounding what we or you are expected to do.
Glyndebourne can accept no responsibility for emails lost, delayed or undelivered.
© Glyndebourne Productions Limited, 2012. Reviewed 2018
Glyndebourne Complaints Policy
We’re here to help
At all times we endeavour to provide the best possible experience and highest standards across the board. We recognise, however, that despite our best endeavours there may be times when we fall short of your expectations.
If you feel that you haven’t received the service you expected, we want to hear about it. Your feedback helps us to improve the ways in which we work and how we communicate with you and helps to ensure that the matter won’t happen again.
Should you have a complaint please follow the steps outlined below. Should you have a complaint about our fundraising activity, please go to the Fundraising Complaints Policy.
We will always treat your complaint seriously, with respect and in confidence.
If you are at Glyndebourne when you are unhappy about any aspect of our service please bring this to the attention of one of our Front of House staff. They will try to resolve your concerns immediately. If you are unhappy at the way you have been treated by one of our staff please speak with the Duty Manager.
If you cannot or do not wish to make a complaint in person you have the option of emailing, writing or telephoning us within 12 weeks of the incident, activity or communication.
You may send us your complaint by email to email@example.com
Or by letter:
Head of Customer Experience
Glyndebourne Productions Ltd
To help us deal effectively and quickly with your complaint:
- Contact us as soon as possible giving clear details so that we can endeavour to resolve the issue.
- Specify clearly what aspect of our activity you wish to make the complaint about.
- Outline the nature of your complaint as precisely as possible. Please include details such as the place and time the incident or activity occurred or the title of a communication.
- Include your name and contact details.
What we will do to help resolve your complaint
- Your complaint will be dealt with in a professional and confidential manner.
- Your complaint will be assigned quickly to the most appropriate person to deal with the complaint.
- That person will investigate the matter fully and communicate regularly with you until the issue has been resolved to the best of our ability.
How and when we will respond
- We will acknowledge any complaints within 3 working days of receipt. You will receive a full response to your complaint within 10 working days.
Monitoring, evaluation and review
- We will keep a record of the nature of the complaint, noting the date received and the date of our response, the name of the person dealing with the complaint, all actions or recommendations arising from the complaint and any lessons learnt.
Glyndebourne aims to conduct its business honestly and with integrity at all times. Anyone who has a concern about malpractice is encouraged to raise their concern through our whistleblowing policy.
We pre-moderate all comments posted on glyndebourne.com. We try to approve as many comments as possible, but if a comment doesn’t adhere to our community guidelines, we reserve the right not to publish it.
Our community guidelines are intended to allow this open, inclusive debate to take place. They cover any comments or other content posted on our website and other online channels by our community.
Glyndebourne community guidelines
1. Do post constructive criticism but avoid personal attacks
We ask our community to respect others’ feelings and views, and to engage with the issues rather than the people. To allow an intelligent, constructive debate where everyone feels welcome, we don’t publish any personal attacks (including persistent trolling), whether on other commenters, company members, directors, conductors, performing company members, or anyone else.
2. Don’t post offensive comments
We won’t publish any comments that contain offensive content. This includes any offensive or discriminatory comments or attacks based on age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race or religion.
3. Do avoid any comments that may have legal consequences
We won’t publish comments if they risk breaching copyright laws or if they’re defamatory and potentially libellous.
4. Don’t post commercial comments or spam
We won’t publish any comments that are promotional in nature or that include advertising links unless they contribute to the quality of the debate.
5. Do keep your comments relevant
We won’t publish irrelevant or off-topic comments to keep conversations on track and of interest to the whole community.
6. Do take responsibility for the quality of the debate
We expect all members of our community to take responsibility for the quality of discussions and to contribute to the spirit of intelligent, open and welcoming debate.
Why do you moderate?
We moderate to encourage healthy debate that is open and inclusive.
How do you moderate?
We pre-moderate all comments posted on glyndebourne.com. If a comment, or part of a comment, breaches our community guidelines, we won’t publish it.
In the same way, if a social media post, or part of a social media post, breaches our community guidelines, we reserve the right to remove or report it.
Why has my comment not appeared?
We may not have had time to moderate it yet. We aim to moderate all comments within 48 hours, but we have a small team and are not always able to do so.
If your comment is deemed to have breached our community guidelines, it won’t be approved and won’t appear on the website. Even if only a minor part of the comment has breached our community guidelines, we won’t approve the comment as we don’t edit any comments.
Can I appeal the decision not to publish my comment?
No. We moderate according to these community guidelines and the moderators’ decision is final. We ask you to bear in mind our aim is to make the community areas of our website and our online channels a welcoming place where all our audience can engage in discussions related to opera and the arts in an intelligent and compassionate way.
The views expressed in community areas do not necessarily reflect the views of Glyndebourne or its staff.
Our community guidelines may change over time as we receive feedback and refine our policy from experience.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding our community guidelines, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.