Picnicking and dining
Fine food and a visit to Glyndebourne go hand-in-hand
Winter 2020 dining
We have been working hard to provide the best dining experience for our winter 2020 season under the current COVID-19 guidelines. Enhance your visit by booking a pre-performance dining experience, or a reserved space if you prefer to bring your own picnic. By selecting one of these options you will be able to arrive 2.5 hours before the performance begins, allowing you to make the most of your visit.
Middle and Over Wallop restaurant
£45 pp for three courses, includes coffee and chocolate
- Caramelised celeriac and apple volute, Brighton blue cream, shaved chestnut (v)
- Pate en croute, piccalilli
- Home smoked salmon, eggs mimosa, dill biscuit
- Sussex breast of turkey, ragu of leg, potato terrine, sprout tops
- Heritage beetroot pithivier, creamed leeks, sprout`a’verde (v)
- Hazelnut crusted cod, turnip brandade, chard, sauce soubise
- Pumpkin meringue pie, preserved elderberry (Ve)
- Bitter chocolate & Praline Marquise, crème fraiche, Clementine (v)
- Selection of British cheese, mulled pear chutney, toasted fruit bread (v)
Our Christmas Ha-Ha Tea at £22 per person includes freshly baked spiced fruit and cinnamon scones with Cornish clotted cream and mulled plum, blackberry and thyme jam, finger sandwiches, seasonal cakes and a selection of teas or coffees.
Greenhouse & Garden Marquees
Bookable for those bringing their own refreshments.
We’ve ensured there’s plenty of distancing between parties in each location, and have opened more spaces to ensure that everyone who wants to extend their visit, can. Please note that all dining options must be booked in advance online or through the Box Office, including space in the marquees.
- There is the option to book your dining experience when booking your tickets.
- If you have already booked your tickets and would like to book a dining experience, please call our Box Office at +44 (0)1273 815 000.
- Once you have booked your dining experience please log into your account at diningatglyndebourne.com to select your menu choices.
If you choose not to extend your visit time by pre-booking one of our dining options, for your safety you’ll be asked to arrive no more than 20 minutes before the performance start time. Unfortunately, the grounds won’t be open for general use and the Long Bar will remain closed for the autumn performances.
Please be aware that to ensure your safety there will be no interval during the performances.
Thank you for working with us during these extraordinary times.
We have three on-site restaurants where you can enjoy fine dining during our 90-minute interval.
Middle and Over Wallop serves modern British food at its best, Nether Wallop is home to our popular buffet-style carvery and Mildmay offers afternoon tea and a relaxed dining experience.
Order a picnic
We offer a range of tempting picnic options to pick up when you arrive. You can also order any extras you might need: furniture, a bottle of Nyetimber - the official English sparkling wine partner to the Festival, Champagne - or even a waiter.
In fine weather, enjoy Glyndebourne’s beautiful gardens and stunning views of the South Downs from the BarBazaar tepee on the main lawns. Here we offer a selection of drinks and snacks alongside gifts from the Glyndebourne Shop.
During our Tour performances at Glyndebourne you can enjoy a pre-performance afternoon tea, or dine in Middle and Over Wallop and Nether Wallop restaurants. The restaurants serve food either before or after the performance, please check the performance timings for more details.