Tickets and dining terms and conditions
Find the terms and conditions for ticket purchases and dining reservations.
Ticket terms and conditions
Covid-19 ticket policy
Glyndebourne is following See it Safely guidelines. Cancellations or exchanges in the event of an audience member testing positive for Covid-19 or having to self-isolate will be permitted. Please contact the Box Office to discuss your requirements.
Ticket Terms and Conditions for Glyndebourne-ticketed events
Tickets cannot be refunded except in the event of cancellation of a performance by Glyndebourne. In the event of Glyndebourne cancelling performances, a full refund will be made to the original method of payment.
Subject to availability, tickets may be either exchanged or the credit applied to a Glyndebourne gift voucher. In exceptional circumstances, the Head of Customer Service may review if a refund is eligible. All requests must be received in writing or by email.
Our ticket exchange facility is free of charge to Festival Society and Associate Members and Tour Supporters. For non-members, exchanges are subject to a £4 handling fee per ticket in advance.
Subject to availability, tickets may be exchanged for an alternative date. This must be pre-arranged with the Box Office at least 5 days prior to the date of the performance. Tickets purchased within 5 days of the performance will not be eligible for exchange.
If you are unable to exchange your tickets to another performance date, the credit can be applied to a Glyndebourne gift voucher. This must be pre-arranged with the Box Office at least 5 days prior to the date of the performance. Tickets purchased within 5 days of the performance will not be eligible for ticket credit.
Please see our Gift Voucher Terms & Conditions for further details.
- Tickets may not be sold on for more than face value.
- Tickets cannot be offered as prizes in competitions or in connection with any other promotion without Glyndebourne’s written consent.
- All tickets are sold subject to the right of the Management to make any alterations to the published operas, dates or casts which may be necessary owing to illness or other unavoidable causes.
- Subject to availability, concession tickets are available for Tour performances at Glyndebourne. The following groups are entitled to concession tickets: under 18s; full-time students; registered disabled (and a companion); and those in receipt of Jobseekers Allowance, Income Support or Pension Credit. Tickets in certain price categories will be available at half price, subject to the Box Office Manager’s discretion. Proof of eligibility is required. Please note that only one discount may be claimed per person.
- Latecomers will not be admitted to the auditorium and there will be no readmission until a suitable pause.
- The Management reserves the right to refuse admission to the auditorium.
- Bags and packages must not be taken into the auditorium.
- Photography, filming and sound recording of any kind are strictly prohibited inside the auditorium.
- Mobile phones must be switched off inside the auditorium.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and data will only be shared with Dining at Glyndebourne, an affiliate of Glyndebourne, for the following purposes: Dining at Glyndebourne will transfer the data onto their database and will only use it to contact the customer in connection with the booking they have made through Glyndebourne.. Dining at Glyndebourne will not share the data with any third parties.
Dining at Glyndebourne/ RA Group/ Compass Group collect and process personal information for the purpose of the provision of dining and final invoicing within the terms and conditions stated on this page. Your personal information will only be used in this context and will not be used for any other purpose without your permission. We will not disclose your credit card details to any third party.
Please visit the Dining at Glyndebourne website for further information.