Associate Membership terms and conditions
Associate Membership ticket terms and conditions
- Ticket purchases are subject to the Glyndebourne ticket terms and conditions available here.
- Associate Members’ ticket requests cannot be guaranteed. (The Box Office recommends providing a wide selection of alternative dates and ticket prices as this will increase your chances of securing seats. Please be aware that demand for Upper Circle and Side seats, and weekend performances is particularly high.)
- The number of tickets an Associate Member can apply for in the ballot is limited for each production. Glyndebourne Associate Members will be notified of the limits that apply for each production on their ticket application form.
- Standing places, slips seats, and Under 30 tickets are not available during Associate Members’ priority booking.
Associate Membership terms and conditions
- We reserve the right to change the benefits, and terms and conditions that apply to Associate Membership at any time.
- Membership is for life, subject to payment of an annual subscription. Annual Subscription rates are subject to review and typically increase annually in line with inflation.
- If an Associate Member resigns or fails to pay the annual subscription the Associate Membership is cancelled and their name is removed from the waiting list for Festival Society Membership. We regret that it is not possible to reinstate Associate Membership at a later date.
- It is a requirement of Associate Membership that the annual subscription is paid by the named Associate Member only. If the Associate Membership is held jointly either Associate Member may pay. We cannot accept payment from a company account. This is in order to protect ownership of your Associate Membership, and to comply with HMRC rules regarding Gift Aid.
- Associate Membership can be held either individually or jointly by spouses/ life partners. The original applicant is known as the Primary Owner. If any ownership disputes arise, the Membership reverts to the Primary Owner.
- Associate Membership cannot be transferred, other than between spouses/ life partners.
- Membership benefits can be accessed by the named Associate Member/s only. If an Associate Member allows others to access their Membership without Glyndebourne’s explicit consent Glyndebourne reserves the right to terminate the Membership contract.
- Associate Membership is for personal use only. Individual Memberships may not be used to purchase tickets to sell on for commercial use.
- Only one Associate Membership can be held per person.
- Associate Membership can only be held by those over 18 years old.
- For Gift Memberships, we will deliver the services to the person named in your application.
- All membership subscriptions, fees, and donations are made to Glyndebourne Productions Limited registered charity number 243877.
- All contributions are non-refundable.
New Associate Member ticket credit offer terms and conditions
A new Associate Member will be eligible for a £300 voucher towards their Festival ticket ballot purchase if the following conditions are met:
The new Associate Member successfully secures one of the limited number of Associate Membership places by completing the joining process between 16 February 2021 and 14 February 2023.
Recipients of a Gift Membership must activate the Associate Membership no later than 14 February 2023.
The £300 ticket credit can only be redeemed against ticket purchases made on your own Associate Membership priority ticket application for Festival 2023 tickets. The ticket credit cannot be transferred or held on account or redeemed against other products or seasons. No refund or change is payable. Any credit that has not been redeemed before Associate Members second opportunity to book (date tbc) will be cancelled.
Referral offer terms and conditions
Current Members will receive a £100 gift voucher for every new Associate Member introduced between 16 February 2021 and 14 February 2023.
The new Associate Member must enter their referrer’s membership number at the time of purchase.
Current Members who buy a gift Associate Membership will be automatically recognised and rewarded.
We will send the voucher by email where an email is registered on the Membership account. Where an email is not registered we will send the voucher be post to the address on the Membership account.
The terms and conditions have been designed to offer you clarity in your membership agreement. If you have any queries please contact the Membership Team.
+44(0)1273 815 400 (Monday – Friday 10:00am – 5:00pm)