Terms and Conditions
Gift Vouchers terms and conditions
Glyndebourne Gift Vouchers
Glyndebourne Gift Vouchers can be used to buy tickets for performances or programmes, and purchases from the Glyndebourne Shop.
Vouchers are available for any amount starting from £20 and make an ideal gift for an opera lover. Available to purchase online or from the Box Office either in person or by calling +44 (0)1273 815000.
If you haven’t already, you will need to register an account with us. Once you have registered you will need to go to “My Account” and choose the Gift Vouchers option on the left. Here you can enter your chosen amount and choose if you would like the voucher emailed to yourself or your recipient. You will receive a confirmation email to your own email address after payment is complete.
Vouchers purchased online will be sent by email, you can choose to send this email to yourself or to your recipient’s email address.
For vouchers purchased over the phone, we use Royal Mail for deliveries. We recommend orders of a value over £100.00 are sent via Special Delivery at a cost of £7.50, which ensures next day delivery, and must be signed for.
Your Gift Voucher can be sent via Special Delivery at a cost of £7.50 which includes next day delivery in the UK. Orders must be received by midday to ensure same day postage. Please phone the Box Office on +44(0)1273 815000 for details.
Force majeure: we cannot be held responsible for failure to meet service obligations when any failure is brought about due to some cause totally beyond our reasonable control. Examples of this might include: acts of God, trade disputes, governmental intervention, fire, flood and disruption to computer and IT infrastructure.
Terms and conditions
- Gift Vouchers are valid for five years from date of issue.
- They can be used to buy tickets for performances, programmes and shop items at Glyndebourne only.
- Gift Vouchers cannot be used at Glyndebourne at Leith’s bars or restaurants. In addition, they cannot be used at any other venue including Tour venues or cinema screenings.
- If you wish to make payment for tickets with a Gift Voucher, please go online or telephone Box Office and Customer Service on +44 (0)1273 815000. For programmes or shop items please telephone the Glyndebourne Shop on +44 (0)1273 815033.
- If you wish to use a Gift Voucher retrospectively, please telephone Box Office and Customer Service.
- If you do not spend the entire balance of the Gift Voucher, the remaining balance will be reprinted and reissued. You may also check the balance of a Gift Voucher online. No cash refund will be given.
- Gift Vouchers may be exchanged for tickets or goods of a higher price than the value stored on the voucher on payment of the difference.
- Gift Vouchers should be treated as cash. They cannot be redeemed for cash in part or whole, or replaced if lost or stolen.
- Future Gift Voucher balance updates will be printed, and will display ticket terms and conditions, however, these Gift Voucher terms and conditions continue to apply.
- Glyndebourne cannot be held responsible for lost or delayed post. To ensure delivery we recommend orders are sent via Special Delivery at a cost of £7.50.
- Gift Vouchers will normally be dispatched within three working days unless a specified later delivery date is requested.
- We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions at any time.
- You have the right to cancel a Gift Voucher within 14 days of purchase. After this period, your right to cancel will expire.
- To exercise your right to cancel, you must inform us (Glyndebourne Productions Ltd, Lewes, East Sussex, BN8 5UU, email@example.com, tel +44 (0)1273 815000, or Glyndebourne Enterprises Ltd, Lewes, East Sussex, BN8 5UU,* firstname.lastname@example.org*, tel +44 (0)1273 815033) of your decision to cancel your contract with us.
- If you cancel a Glyndebourne Gift Voucher, we will reimburse all payments received from you, including the cost of delivery (except supplementary costs arising if you choose a delivery method that is not our standard delivery method).
- 14 days after we have received the return of any goods supplied, or;
- (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods, or;
- if no goods have been supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel the contract.
We will reimburse to you only as the original purchaser, using the same means of payment as you used for your initial transaction.