How to get here
Find out how to get to Glyndebourne by train or car.
The nearest train station is Lewes. All Glyndebourne performances finish in time for audiences to return to London by train. There are excellent rail connections from London Victoria (journey time just over an hour) and across the south east.
Train timetables are currently very changeable, so we recommend that you check National Rail Enquiries for the latest service information or phone 08457 484 950 prior to the performance date.
For £10 you can secure a return journey on our audience coach from Lewes train station to Glyndebourne, bookable online below or by calling the Box Office on +44 (0)1273 815 000.
It is essential to pre-book the coach service as spaces are limited – booking closes at midday on the day of the performance.
You can book the coach for each of our upcoming seasons and events at the links below:
Glyndebourne is 54 miles south of London. You’ll need to leave at least two and a half hours from crossing the Thames to arrival at Glyndebourne.
- Take the M23 towards Brighton then the A27 towards Lewes.
- To avoid Lewes town centre pass over the first roundabout and at the second roundabout turn on to the A26 Tunbridge Wells road.
- Just after leaving Lewes, fork right on to the B2192, and take the next right turn before Ringmer village, signposted to Glyndebourne.
We have a large, free audience car park and the option of using overflow spaces if required. Our parking attendants will manage your arrival and exit from the car park to ensure your safety.
Electric car charging
If you would like to top up your electric car while at Glyndebourne it must be pre-booked. Electric vehicle charging points are bookable online below or by calling the Box Office on +44 (0)1273 815 000.
How to charge your Electric Vehicle at Glyndebourne
Before you can use a Podpoint EV charging socket at Glyndebourne you need to have the Podpoint app installed onto your smart device with credit added to the app to cover the cost of the electricity consumed.
On arrival to Glyndebourne:
- Car park staff will direct you to a Podpoint post.
- Plugin your car using your own type 2 cable to one of the Podpoint sockets
- Every Podpoint post has a name and the sockets are labelled A or B.
- You must find your post name in the Podpoint app to confirm your charge within 15 minutes of connecting otherwise the charge will stop.
- Charging spaces must be booked in advance by contacting the Box Office.
- You will be billed for energy used, rather than a period of time.
- Charging speeds will vary (2 – 7 kW / 8 – 30 mph) depending on the post you’re using and how many other EVs are connected around you.
- Our own on-site wind turbine contributes power directly to these EV sockets.