How to get here
Glyndebourne is situated in south-east England in the county of East Sussex, four miles from the county town of Lewes.
How to get here by train
The nearest station is Lewes. All Glyndebourne performances finish in time for audiences to return to London by train. There are excellent rail connections from London Victoria (journey time just over an hour) and across the south-east. Check with National Rail Enquiries for the latest service information or phone 08457 484 950.
Shuttle service from Lewes station
We run a complimentary shuttle coach service between Lewes train station and Glyndebourne. A shuttle ticket will be issued when you board the coach at Lewes train station and covers the journey to and from Glyndebourne. To keep this a complimentary service, we’re sorry but it isn’t possible to use the coach service on the journey back to Lewes if you haven’t used the service to travel to Glyndebourne. Please note this service is not pre-bookable.
Departure times vary so please refer to the performance schedule for recommended train times.
During the Festival
This service meets the recommended train from London Victoria and will travel to and from Glyndebourne until all customers from the designated train have been collected. Departure times vary so please refer to the performance schedule for the exact train time.
If you’re arriving from stations other than London Victoria, please time your journey to be at Lewes train station before the coach leaves for Glyndebourne. Later trains from London Victoria might allow enough time to travel to Glyndebourne, but you’ll have to arrange your own transport from Lewes station. There is a taxi rank at the station, but it can be busy.
Please note, for Glyndebourne Tour performances during the autumn, the coach leaves Lewes Station one hour before the start of scheduled performances.
Travelling to Glyndebourne
If the recommended train for your performance is cancelled:
- Check whether the next direct service to Lewes is still running.
- If subsequent Lewes services are cancelled, take the next available service to Brighton and catch a connecting service to Lewes.
- The audience coach will make repeated trips to Lewes station to collect those affected by cancellations/delays. Our Box Office staff monitor National Rail to advise coach drivers when to expect audience members to arrive at Lewes station.
Travelling back from Glyndebourne
- Following a performance the driver of the first coach returning audiences to Lewes station will check that a train is running before audience members disembark.
- If the train is not running, audiences will be taken by coach to Haywards Heath or Brighton, depending on the advice of rail staff.
If you’d like any more information on the steps we’re taking to support audiences travelling to Glyndebourne by train during rail disruption, please contact the Box Office.
How to get here by car
Glyndebourne is 54 miles south of London. You’ll need to leave at least two and a half hours from crossing the Thames to arrival at Glyndebourne.
- Take the M23 towards Brighton then the A27 towards Lewes.
- To avoid Lewes town centre pass over the first roundabout and at the second roundabout turn on to the A26 Tunbridge Wells road.
- Just after leaving Lewes, fork right on to the B2192, and take the next right turn before Ringmer village, signposted to Glyndebourne.
Parking at Glyndebourne
We have a large audience car park that is free of charge. If you require access parking, please contact the Box Office in advance to arrange this.
Electric car charging
We can recharge electric cars during a performance. Please contact Box Office and Customer Service to arrange this in advance.