Terms and Conditions
Associate Membership terms and conditions
Associate Membership ticket terms and conditions
- Ticket purchases are subject to the Glyndebourne ticket terms and conditions available here.
- Associate Members’ ticket requests cannot be guaranteed. (The Box Office recommends providing a wide selection of alternative dates and ticket prices as this will increase your chances of securing seats. Please be aware that demand for Upper Circle and Side seats, and weekend performances is particularly high.)
- The number of tickets an Associate Member can apply for in the ballot is limited for each production. Glyndebourne Associate Members will be notified of the limits that apply for each production on their ticket application form.
- Standing places, slips seats, and Under 30 tickets are not available during Associate Members’ priority booking.
Associate Membership terms and conditions
- We reserve the right to change the benefits, and terms and conditions that apply to Associate Membership at any time.
- Membership is for life, subject to payment of an annual subscription. Annual Subscription rates are subject to review and typically increase annually in line with inflation.
- If an Associate Member resigns or fails to pay the annual subscription the Associate Membership is cancelled and their name is removed from the waiting list for Festival Society Membership. We regret that it is not possible to reinstate Associate Membership at a later date.
- It is a requirement of Associate Membership that the annual subscription is paid by the named Associate Member only. If the Associate Membership is held jointly either Associate Member may pay. We cannot accept payment from a company account. This is in order to protect ownership of your Associate Membership, and to comply with HMRC rules regarding Gift Aid.
- Associate Membership can be held either individually or jointly by spouses/ life partners. The original applicant is known as the Primary Owner. If any ownership disputes arise, the Membership reverts to the Primary Owner.
- Associate Membership cannot be transferred, other than between spouses/ life partners.
- Membership benefits can be accessed by the named Associate Member/s only. If an Associate Member allows others to access their Membership without Glyndebourne’s explicit consent Glyndebourne reserves the right to terminate the Membership contract.
- Associate Membership is for personal use only. Individual Memberships may not be used to purchase tickets to sell on for commercial use.
- Only one Associate Membership can be held per person.
- Associate Membership can only be held by those over 18 years old.
- For Gift Memberships, we will deliver the services to the person named in your application.
- All membership subscriptions, fees, and donations are made to Glyndebourne Productions Limited registered charity number 243877.
- All contributions are non-refundable.
New Associate Member ticket credit offer terms and conditions
A new Associate Member will be eligible for a £150 credit towards their Festival 2020 ticket ballot purchase if the following conditions are met:
- The new Associate Member successfully secures one of the limited number of Associate Membership places by completing the joining process between 28 August 2019 and 6 January 2020.
- Recipients of a Gift Membership must activate the Associate Membership no later than 6 January 2020.
The £150 ticket credit can only be redeemed against ticket purchases made on your own Associate Membership ballot application for Festival 2020 tickets. The ticket credit cannot be transferred or held on account or redeemed against other products or seasons. No refund or change is payable. Any credit that has not been redeemed by 24 February 2020 will be cancelled.
Existing Festival Member ticket credit offer terms and conditions
An existing Festival Society Member or Associate Member will be eligible for a £100 credit towards their Festival 2020 ticket ballot purchase if the following conditions are met:
- A new Associate Member quotes the name and Membership number of an existing Member or Associate Member and completes the joining process between 28 August 2019 and 6 January 2020.
- Only one ticket credit for £100 will be applied to an existing Members account – if more than one new Associate Member is referred no additional ticket credits will be applied.
- We will confirm in writing when a ticket credit is applied to your account.
- The £100 ticket credit can only be redeemed against ticket purchases made on your own Festival Society Membership ballot application for Festival 2020 tickets. The ticket credit cannot be transferred or held on account or redeemed against other products or seasons. No refund or change is payable. Any credit that has not been redeemed by 23 February 2020 will be cancelled.
The terms and conditions have been designed to offer you clarity in your membership agreement. If you have any queries please contact the Membership Team.
+44(0)1273 815 400 (Monday – Friday 10:00am – 5:00pm)