Terms and conditions
Winter events terms and conditions
Full terms and conditions for our winter events
All events at Glyndebourne adhere to the latest guidance from Public Health England.
We promise to keep you feeling safe by:
- Offering a warm welcome at a distance
- Restricting visitor numbers
- Monitoring company and audience temperatures on arrival
- Manage socially distanced entry and exit to the Auditorium
- Providing socially distanced seating
- Using uncirculated air to heat the auditorium
- Using one-way systems where necessary to enable social distancing
- Carrying out sanitisation and enhanced cleaning throughout Glyndebourne
- Providing sanitising stations
- Providing personal protective equipment (PPE) to our staff
- Operating a paperless and cashless system
- Patrolling our site to monitor visitor activity
In return, please show you care by:
- Complying with latest Government rules and abide by the rules laid out in the Government’s new three-tier system.
- You are required to update us should tiers/laws changes have an impact to your ticketing or dining booking.
- Not attending if you, or anyone in your support bubble, are experiencing any coronavirus symptoms or have in the last 7 days; are self-isolating as a result of coronavirus symptoms; are sharing a household or support bubble with somebody who has experienced coronavirus symptoms in the last 14 days
- Wearing your facemask that covers your nose and mouth (not visors) whilst inside the auditorium, unless you are medically exempt
- Showing your ticket on a mobile device where possible
- Keeping two metres away from other visitors and staff
- Following the one-way signs
- Washing your hands for 20 seconds after using our facilities and using hand sanitiser when necessary
- Supporting our staff by showing patience whenever queuing is required
- Using your own personal protective equipment (PPE), if you choose to do so
- Keeping your belongings with you at all times and taking your litter home
- Using our furniture, rather than bringing your own
- As part of the booking process you can select your own seats. To manage social distancing within the auditorium, all seats are grouped in pairs. If you’d like to book an odd number of seats, please call the Box Office on 01273 815 000 (Monday – Friday, 11.00am – 5.00pm).
- When booking make sure you are adhering to the government Covid-19 rules and only arranging seating together where legally allowed, under latest guidelines.
You are required to update us should tiers/laws changes have an impact to your booking.
- Each ticket order will be treated as a ‘Support Bubble/household’, please make multiple orders if booking for people outside of your household.
- One ticket is required per person.
- For the indoor performances, tickets are limited to a maximum of four per household.
- Sales will be first come-first served. Subject to availability.
- Tickets are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable.
- Tickets may not be sold on for more than face value.
- Tickets cannot be offered as prizes in competitions or in connection with any other promotion without Glyndebourne’s written consent.
- All tickets are sold subject to the right of the Management to make any alterations to the published operas, dates or casts which may be necessary owing to illness or other unavoidable causes.
- The Management reserves the right to refuse admission to the event.
- Photography, filming and sound recording of musical events of any kind are strictly prohibited.
- Mobile phones must be switched off during musical performances.
- Please contact the Box Office to discuss specific access requirements
- Inline with restrictions from Public Health England and to protect the Glyndebourne staff please do book a ticket for a companion, if you require assistance while at Glyndebourne.
- We are unable to loan wheelchairs or provide a buggy service at this time
News and features
We lift the lid on Kát’a Kabanová - Janáček's intensely lyri…
In 2021 we're celebrating 70 years of Glyndebourne Membershi…
Apply now to join Glyndebourne’s development scheme for youn…