Join Glyndebourne’s development scheme for young professional instrumentalists.
Successful applicants will join the orchestra for at least one of its three autumn productions.
Participants to the Scheme will be mentored by a member of the orchestra and receive further opportunities including: one-to-one lessons, the chance to sit in on extra rehearsals and to participate in seminars on life in the music profession.
We are seeking applicants for the following instruments ONLY:
- 2 violins
- 1 viola
- 1 cello
- 1 bass
- 1 flute doubling piccolo
- 1 oboe
- 1 clarinet doubling bass clarinet
- 2 percussion
Applications from other instruments will NOT be accepted this year.
No other scheme in the country offers newly graduated players real-world professional work experience over a concentrated three-month period by putting them straight in at the deep end – the fastest way to learn.
Deadline for Applications: 18th December 2019
Applications are open to the following:
(a) Students finishing their studies (graduate or postgraduate) during 2020 or
(b) Any player who has completed their studies (graduate or postgraduate) no earlier than summer 2019.
We can only accept applications from instrumentalists from within the EEA who are based in Britain.
All applicants must be available for rehearsals and performances with the Glyndebourne Tour Orchestra from 26 September 2020 until 5 December 2020.
The initial selection process will require applicants to fill out the application form and submit the following by 18th December 2019:
- CV (to include orchestral and chamber music experience to date)
- 2 references from musicians of standing (the applicants must provide and upload the references)
- High quality AUDIO ONLY recording (MP3) containing music of not more than 15 minutes of music, preferably including two contrasting works of your own choice, with or without accompaniment.
- Flute & Clarinet players should also include piccolo and bass clarinet pieces on their recordings please.
- Percussionists do not need to submit a recording. Details of our audition process will be forthcoming after we receive your CVs and References.
Applicants will be notified if they are to be invited for audition by the middle of January 2020 and successful candidates will be invited to audition in London in the second half of February 2020.
If you have any enquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org