Keeping you safe at Glyndebourne
Our safety measures for Festival 2021 performances after 19 July 2021.
SAFETY IS OUR HIGHEST PRIORITY. DURING YOUR VISIT TO GLYNDEBOURNE YOU’LL FIND A NUMBER OF MEASURES IN PLACE TO PROTECT AUDIENCES AND STAFF. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT IN THESE EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES.
Ensuring your safety at Glyndebourne
We promise to keep you feeling safe by:
- Temperature testing all audience members on arrival to Glyndebourne
- Modifying routes around the site to avoid overcrowding
- Managing entry and exit to the auditorium
- Using uncirculated air to heat the auditorium
- Carrying out sanitisation and enhanced cleaning throughout Glyndebourne
- Providing sanitising stations
- Providing COVID-19 testing to all of our staff and performers
- Operating a contactless ticketing system
Please show courtesy to others by:
- Wearing a face mask whilst inside and when moving around the site, unless you are medically exempt. Glyndebourne is strongly encouraging the continued use of face coverings in the auditorium. This follows the theatre industry’s ‘See it safely’ guidance, in line with the Government’s recommendation that masks should still be worn indoors when mixing with people you don’t usually meet.
- Showing your tickets on a mobile device where possible
- Washing your hands for at least 20 seconds after using our facilities and using hand sanitiser when necessary
- Bringing as few personal possessions as possible
- Keeping your belongings with you at all times and taking your litter home
Our ‘Book with Confidence, Exchange with Ease’ pledge allows exchanges up to 24 hours ahead of a performance if a ticket holder cannot attend due to COVID-19.
Join us for a special one-off performance.
News and features
As we mourn the loss of one of opera’s ‘greats’, we’ll conti…
News and features
It is with great pleasure that we can announce next year’s F…