COVID-19 safety measures
We promise to keep you feeling safe during your visit to Glyndebourne.
SAFETY IS OUR HIGHEST PRIORITY. DURING YOUR VISIT TO GLYNDEBOURNE YOU’LL FIND A NUMBER OF MEASURES IN PLACE TO PROTECT AUDIENCES AND STAFF. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT IN THESE EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES.
Please note that we will keep updating these safety measures in line with the latest government guidance, so please do check them again before your visit.
Ensuring your safety at Glyndebourne
We promise to keep you feeling safe by:
- Offering a warm welcome at a distance
- Restricting visitor numbers
- Manage socially distanced entry and exit to the Auditorium
- Providing socially distanced seating
- Using uncirculated air to heat the auditorium
- Using one-way systems where necessary to enable social distancing
- Carrying out sanitisation and enhanced cleaning throughout Glyndebourne
- Providing sanitising stations
- Providing personal protective equipment (PPE) to our staff
- Operating a paperless and cashless system
- Patrolling our site to monitor visitor activity
- Temperature testing all staff and audience on arrival to Glyndebourne
- Asking every customer or visitor (over the age of 16) to provide their name and contact details. We will keep these records for 21 days and provide the data to NHS Test and Trace if requested.
In return, please show you care by:
- Not attending if you, or anyone in your support bubble, are experiencing any coronavirus symptoms or have in the last 7 days; are self-isolating as a result of coronavirus symptoms; are sharing a household or support bubble with somebody who has experienced coronavirus symptoms in the last 10 days
- Wearing your facemask whilst inside the auditorium, unless you are medically exempt
- Showing your ticket on a mobile device where possible
- Keeping two metres away from other visitors and staff
- Following the one-way signs
- Washing your hands for at least 20 seconds after using our facilities and using hand sanitiser when necessary
- Supporting our staff by showing patience whenever queuing is required
- Using your own personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Keeping your belongings with you at all times and taking your litter home
Some of the greatest symphonies ever written will be heard o…