Terms and Conditions
Festival Society Membership terms and conditions
Members’ ticket terms and conditions
- Ticket purchases are subject to the Glyndebourne Ticket terms and conditions available here.
- Festival Society Members’ ticket requests cannot be guaranteed. (The Box Office recommends providing a wide selection of alternative dates and ticket prices as this will increase your chances of securing seats. Please be aware that demand for Upper Circle and Side seats, and weekend performances is particularly high.)
- The number of tickets a Member can apply for in the ballot is limited for each production. Glyndebourne Members will be notified of the limits that apply for each production on their ticket application form.
- Standing places and slips seats are not available during Members’ priority booking.
Membership terms and conditions
- We reserve the right to change the benefits, and terms and conditions that apply to Glyndebourne Festival Society Membership at any time.
- Annual Subscription rates are subject to review and typically increase annually in line with inflation.
- If a Member resigns or fails to pay the annual subscription Membership is cancelled and offered to the next person at the top of the waiting list. We regret that it is not possible to reinstate Membership at a later date.
- It is a requirement of Membership that the annual subscription is paid by the named Member only. If the Membership is held jointly either Member may pay. We cannot accept payment from a company account. This is in order to protect ownership of your Membership, and to comply with HMRC rules regarding Gift Aid.
- Membership can be held either individually or jointly by spouses/ life partners. The original applicant is known as the Primary Owner. If any ownership disputes arise the Membership reverts to the Primary Owner.
- Membership cannot be transferred, other than between spouses/ life partners.
- Membership benefits can be accessed by the named Festival Society Member/s only. If a Member allows others to access their Membership without Glyndebourne’s explicit consent Glyndebourne reserves the right to terminate the Membership contract.
- Festival Society Membership is for personal use only. Individual Memberships may not be used to purchase tickets to sell on for commercial use.
- Only one Festival Society Membership can be held per person
- All membership subscriptions, fees and donations are made to Glyndebourne Productions Limited registered charity number 243877.
- All contributions are non-refundable.
Existing Festival Member ticket credit offer terms and conditions
An existing Festival Society Member or Associate Member will be eligible for a £100 credit towards their Festival 2020 ticket ballot purchase if the following conditions are met:
- A new Associate Member quotes the name and Membership number of an existing Member or Associate Member and completes the joining process between 28 August 2019 and 6 January 2020.
- Only one ticket credit for £100 will be applied to an existing Members account – if more than one new Associate Member is referred no additional ticket credits will be applied.
- We will confirm in writing when a ticket credit is applied to your account.
- The £100 ticket credit can only be redeemed against ticket purchases made on your own Festival Society Membership ballot application for Festival 2020 tickets. The ticket credit cannot be transferred or held on account or redeemed against other products or seasons. No refund or change is payable. Any credit that has not been redeemed by 23 February 2020 will be cancelled.
The terms and conditions have been designed to offer you clarity in your membership agreement. If you have any queries please contact the Membership Team.
+44(0)1273 815 400 (Monday – Friday 10am – 5pm)