For your chance to experience No Ordinary Opera at our summer Festival and win one of 10 pairs of tickets to Cendrillon
With its combination of enchanting love story and broad, burlesque comedy, Cendrillon is one of the great operatic fairytales – a Cinderella that looks back to Charles Perrault’s original story in all its richness and ambiguity. Massenet’s sensuous fairytale is gilded with lavish orchestral textures and glittering vocal writing, conjuring a world of infinite musical and emotional variety.
The Glyndebourne Festival
Glyndebourne began with a love story in 1934, when founder John Christie met soprano Audrey Mildmay. Glyndebourne is now one of the finest and most celebrated opera houses in the world delivering performances to some 150,000 people.
The summer Festival has six exceptional operas to choose from – an escape from the everyday with a long interval, glorious gardens and a chance to really dress up.
You can win one of 10 pairs of tickets to Cendrillon (Cinderella) on Sunday 30th June. Timings are below:
- Gardens open 2.00pm
- Performance starts 4.00pm
- Long interval (90 minutes) starts at 5.25pm
- Finish 8.00pm
Terms and Conditions
- This reward is only available to those aged 18 or over.
- To enter the competition, fill out the entry form, including your name, email address, and answer to the question contained in the entry form. After you have done this, you will be entered into the competition.
- You can enter the competition at any time between 09 May 2019 and 23:59 on 29 May 2019. All entries must be received no later than 23:59 on 29 May 2019.
- You don’t need to buy anything to enter the competition; all you need to do is register your details, confirm your email address, answer the question, and click ‘enter’.
- If you submit an entry for the competition, we will treat you as accepting these terms and conditions and agreeing to keep to them.
- We will not accept entries sent in through agents, other websites or multiple accounts.
- One entry will be selected at random by a random computer-generated draw from all eligible entries received during the promotional period on or around 30 May 2019. Glyndebourne will then check that the entry’s answer to the question in the entry form is correct. If the answer is correct, this entry will be a winner. If the answer is not correct, another entry will be drawn until an entry with a correct answer is drawn. If there are no entries with a correct answer, there will be no winner in the competition.
- We will contact the winners using the email address or phone number provided at the time of entry around 31 May 2019. The winners will have 24 hours to accept the prize and give us any more information we may need so we can deliver the prize.
- If we cannot contact the winner within a reasonable time or they are not able or available to accept the prize for any reason which is beyond our reasonable control, we can award the prize to another person who entered.
- The prize winner (who must be aged 18 or over) and their guests must be free and able to travel on 30 June 2019. Travel may be prior to this – duration depends on the destination you will be travelling from.
- The prize is for tickets to the performance only and does not include the cost of travel or catering as part of your visit.
- When we contact the prize winner to let you know of your win, we will also confirm how you will receive further information about your prize.
- The prize is for the personal use of the winner or their nominated recipient.
- If the prize or any element of it, is cancelled, changed, postponed or relocated, we may give you a similar prize instead. We will not offer any form of compensation, financial or otherwise.
- In the unlikely event of circumstances beyond our control that prevents the event from taking place on the dates specified, we are unable to offer an additional alternative opportunity or any other compensation.
- If you have any accessibility needs, please let us know at the time you accept the prize and we will do our best to support you, including making arrangements for your carer.
- We will use any information we collect from you for the purpose of providing the competition, contacting winners to tell them of their win and for the purposes of providing and delivering prizes.
- There is no cash alternative available for any prize and, unless we agree otherwise in writing, the prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.