Cendrillon Teaching Resources
Art and Design Key Stage 3
- Show the image to the class for 30 seconds and then hide it, ask them to write down everything they see. Start with clothing and setting then prompt to describe her pose and guess who she is.
- Show Annie Leibovitz’s Disney Dream Portrait of Scarlett Johansson as Cinderella, 2007, for one minute and then hide it.
First, in pairs, ask the class to describe everything they see in the photograph. Then, ask them to compare the portraits by answering these questions:
- Describe the mood in each picture; is it frightening, calm, romantic, happy, dreamlike or funny?
- How is the mood different? How do you think the photographer has created the mood; think about clothes, props, background and lighting?
- Which photo is more realistic? Why?
Image credits: Cinderella (Cendrillon), Tour 2018, photos by Richard Hubert Smith
Learning & Engagement
Bring opera to life in the classroom with our teaching resou…