We are pleased to share with you materials for the Glyndebourne Academy Residential week, we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Thank you all for your enthusiasm and creativity shared so far!
What to prepare
Please bring with you a copy of each piece of music for yourself and the pianist. If you are bringing different repertoire from the launch weekend in May, please send a digital copy to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 28 July.
Please bring 6-10 pieces at various stages, with some technical work needed, and learn something new ahead of the residency. Songs should be short where possible and at least one should be in Italian and one in English.
Your repertoire list should include:
- A piece in German: Something simple as we will be working on basics – not an operatic aria
- Recitative: Either secco or accompanied, in Italian or English – do not work on this beforehand as we will look at it in the sessions and talk about first principles
- A folk song with a good narrative: Either those we looked at during the launch or others, Britten arrangements are best.
- Your favourite Handel aria: Either in Italian from the operas, OR English from the oratorios. It must have coloratura (i.e. fast notes!)
- Arie Antiche: One of any of the Arie Antiche, in any key.
- Notebook and pens/pencils
- A device to record sessions with
- Your repertoire (x2 copies)
- Comfortable clothes for movement
- Any snack/ medication
- Yoga mat (optional)
- Sunday 6 – Saturday 12 August: Residency week
- Friday 6 – Sunday 8 October: Final weekend