Routes into Glyndebourne: Media Cataloguing Assistant
As part of our Routes into Glyndebourne programme, we are offering this exciting opportunity for a trainee to join our Communications team. The role will be for a 6 month period starting from June 2017.
We are looking for someone who has a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and a keen interest in developing a career in media and asset management. Over the 6 month period you will gain valuable experience in Glyndebourne’s Content Production and Communications teams, including image and video asset cataloguing, and film and photography production in a specialist environment.
As Routes posts are aimed at those starting out in a new field your application should demonstrate how this opportunity would help you further your career.
Key skills and duties you will learn during your time with us
Over the course of 6 months you will gain experience in:
- Adding metadata to images using proprietary software
- Preparing images for submission to commercial photo library
- Viewing and adding descriptions to in-house video using cloud based storage interface
- Managing image and video collections in a specialist environment
- Assisting on film and photography shoots
- Providing support for our annual Tour art competition
- Providing ad-hoc support in other areas of the communications team as required
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree/equivalent in a related subject
- Desire to gain experience in media asset management
- Keen interest in the arts/film/photography
- Excellent written English
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability to work methodically and to deadlines
- Good IT skills
- Ability to build a rapport with colleagues and stakeholders
- Knowledge of cataloguing/archiving digital assets
- Basic knowledge/experience of using Adobe Photoshop and the latest version of Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Hours & Rates of Pay
This is a six-month, full time position of 35 hours per week, normally across five days between Monday and Friday but you must be prepared to work occasional evenings and weekends.
We can offer a rate of pay of £7.50 per hour/ £262.50 per week. You will also be entitled to 5.6 weeks holiday per year (pro-rata if your appointment is for less than one year) including public holidays.
We have excellent on site catering facilities, offer a beautiful working environment & the opportunity to see world class opera.
How to Apply
Please apply by firstly clicking here to complete our online monitoring form and then download and complete the Routes Application form and follow the directions for submission. If you prefer, you can request a paper copy of the form, by calling 01273 812321 and leaving your postal address.
The closing date for applications is 1 May 2017 with interviews to be held on 8 & 9 May.
We are an equal opportunities employer