9 April – 29 August 2018
An opportunity has arisen for a Lighting Technician to join our lighting department for this year’s Festival
The primary role is to provide technical support to our Lighting Department in order to ensure the provision of high quality lighting services to Glyndebourne, both at Glyndebourne and any other venues where the company may perform.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Prepare, operate, store, repair and maintain lanterns, special effects, practical electrics, pyrotechnic, electrical, sound, communications and audio-visual equipment
- Ensure all rehearsal, show changeovers and performances are executed smoothly and to time
- Prepare show notes, running notes, cue sheets, print-outs and archival documentation as appropriate
- Assist other Departments in any related activities and productions
- Assist in any pre-production work
- General Duties: rigging, focussing, focus plotting, setting up and running shows
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years’ lighting experience
- An overall understanding of large scale, repertoire theatre
- Operation of Google and Microsoft packages, Vectorworks and other lighting specific software
- Familiarity with Eos family of consoles, data networking and a working knowledge of moving lights is desirable
- IPAF certificate desirable
- Experience in Working at Height
- Be able to re-create focus quickly, accurately and safely
- Rig and document lighting positions (FOH, wing, overhead) quickly, accurately and safely
- Take responsibility for own work and possess high level of self motivation
- Display knowledge of lantern maintenance and electrical safety
- To keep up to date on industry changes and innovations. (to include Health and Safety and equipment updates)
- To be able to work as part of a team.
- To be prepared to work long and anti-social hours.
- To maintain good working relationships with other departments within the company.
Rates of Pay
This is an hourly paid position. Your hours of work will be a minimum 46 hours per week with a weekly pay rate of £578.69. You will be required to work longer shifts over 6 days during the busiest periods for which overtime will be paid.
Over half a day’s paid holiday for each week worked (6.8 weeks holiday per annum pro rata inclusive of bank holidays).
We can offer good working facilities in a beautiful country setting. For those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is 28 February 2018 with interviews to take place w/c 12 March
We are an Equal Opportunities employer.