Ticketing Services Manager
Glyndebourne is seeking someone with experience of managing a fast paced, customer focussed Sales & Contact Centre.
As Ticketing Services Manager you will be responsible for the supervision of our Box Office team of twelve people, maximising revenue and ensuring we continue to exceed our service levels.
You will have strong leadership skills to supervise a target driven sales team and manage the Box Office Front of House performance duties.
The Box Office team deals with sales, service and enquiries including but not limited to ticket sales, memberships, catering options and general information using multiple communication channels.
We operate a shift pattern, working 5 out of 7 days with regular weekend work during our Festival and Tour which opens in May and runs to the end of October.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To manage the effective day to day running of the Box Office Department.
- To promote and encourage a target-driven approach within the ticket sales operation, ensuring we maximise income through active selling, revenue management, and identifying new opportunities to increase revenue.
- To recruit, train and support Box Office staff, enabling them to continually exceed customer expectation.
- To work with the Head of Customer Service to develop KPIs and other metrics to analyse the performance of the operation.
- In conjunction with colleagues across the Customer Service teams and other departments, to ensure that all contact to and from audiences is delivered effectively.
- The ability to deliver under pressure and to a deadline.
- Assess, develop and implement clear processes across all areas of the Box Office function including contact centre systems.
- To contribute to the development of current and future Box Office and Customer Service policies and procedures including compliance with relevant legal, regulatory and contractual requirements to support the commercial requirements of the company.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of managing a contact centre working environment.
- Experience of a target driven sales.
- Proven experience of team management.
- Previous experience of Tessitura (CRM) or ticketing (CRM) systems
- Excellent Communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external key stakeholders.
- Ability to challenge existing processes constructively and work with others to bring new ideas & achieve continuous improvement
- An understanding of database management in relation to ticket sales, memberships and audience development.
Flexibility of working hours to suit the seven-day nature of the Box Office and Customer Service Department operation.
Salary and Benefits
- We can offer a salary of up to £35,000 dependent on experience. Salaries are reviewed annually on 1st January.
- The contractual hours of work are 35 hours /5 days per week worked over 7 days.
- We offer 5.6 weeks holiday per year rising to 6.6 weeks after 5 years including public holidays.
- We have excellent on-site catering facilities, can offer a beautiful working environment, the opportunity to see world class opera and for those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station and a season ticket loan scheme.