Part Time Cleaners
We are currently recruiting for experienced Cleaners to join our Cleaning team on a Part-Time Permanent contract.
Reporting to our Cleaning Manager you will be responsible for maintaining our theatre, surrounding public areas, dressing rooms and office departments to a high standard of cleanliness. Previous cleaning experience is preferred, but it is more important that you have an enthusiastic approach to the work, a good eye for detail and are committed to maintaining high standards of cleanliness.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Carry out cleaning duties in all areas of the site as laid down in the daily/weekly routines
- Collection and disposal of recycled waste, removal of rubbish and unwanted items
- Outside areas including the recycle centre
- Preparing and cleaning tables and benches
- Cleaning of Marquee, including tables and chairs
- Front of house, Auditorium and seating
- All areas including washrooms, kitchens and dressing rooms
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- An eye for detail and experience of maintaining high cleaning standards
- A skilled cleaner who is able to work unsupervised
- To be physically fit / mobile and able to complete all cleaning duties such as cleaning high and low areas, manoeuvring cleaning equipment, disposing of waste etc.
- Experience of cleaning in the hospitality sector or a commercial environment
- Experience in using industrial cleaning equipment and products
- Own transport
Hours of Work
The contractual hours of work are 16 hours per week 6am – 10am between Monday – Friday out of season, November – Mid May. Additional hours may be offered as required by the department.
During the season, Mid May – end October, Your days of work will be variable as per the rota, worked over 5 days between Monday – Sunday. Two consecutive set days off which will change at the midpoint of the season.
Rates of Pay and Benefits
The rate of pay for this position is £9.95 per hour (plus a non consolidated 2% increase), increasing the rate to £10.15 per hour. Salaries are reviewed annually on 1st January.
Hours worked at the weekend are subject to enhanced rates with Saturdays paid at time-and-a-half and Sundays paid at double time.
We offer 34 days (6.8 weeks) holiday inclusive of bank holidays, per annum, pro rata.
We can offer a beautiful working environment, and the chance to see world-class opera. For those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station.
We also offer :
- Free Pilates and Zumba classes, once a week
- Corporate Gym memberships
- An onsite Physiotherapist
- Subsidised electric car charging
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Subsidised dining at our onsite restaurants
- Free tea and coffee
- Discount at the Glyndebourne shop
- Free on-site parking
- Free minibus service to and from Lewes train station and Ringmer
- Discount at various highstreet retailers through the Glyndebourne benefits hub
How to Apply
Glyndebourne is an Equal Opportunities Employer and a Registered Charity. We promote equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply for vacancies, including ethnically diverse and disabled candidates, who are currently under-represented in our workforce.
To help us monitor the effectiveness of our commitment to diversity and inclusion and our supporting policies and procedures, we ask all job applicants to complete our anonymized and confidential Equal Opportunities monitoring form .
Please apply by completing our application form.
Applications will be reviewed as they arrive.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for our vacancies. If relevant to you, please inform us of this in your covering letter. If you have any questions in relation to this or if you would like this advert sent to you in a larger or dyslexia friendly font then please contact a member of the HR team at email@example.com.
Glyndebourne commits to protecting your privacy. We will only use information about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and other relevant legislation and regulations. Please see more information in our Company Privacy Notice on our website.