Membership Operations Manager: Finance, Data And Systems (Maternity Cover)
We are currently recruiting for a Membership Operations Manager: Finance, Data And Systems (Maternity Cover)
Since its founding in 1934, Glyndebourne has remained financially independent and, whilst receiving valued Arts Council support for the Tour and education work, the Festival receives no public subsidy. As a registered charity, our work is funded by Box Office income, our Members and supporters.
It is vital that we hold accurate data for all of our Members & Donors, your role as Membership Operations Manager will be to ensure the accuracy of this data whilst making sure that both our CRM & website transaction databases fully support our Membership and Development operation.
- To ensure that Tessitura (CRM database) and Blocks Office (website transactions) fully support the Membership and Development operation.
- To ensure accuracy of Member and Donor data.
- To ensure Membership and Development operations are compliant with current regulations incl. GDPR, Gift Aid, HMRC, PCI, AUDDIS, Paperless, Fundraising code.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To set up the CRM database to receive all subscriptions and donation payments, enable collection of Direct Debits, and record Gift Aid declarations and claims, ensuring coordination with Finance Department systems.
- To monitor and maintain the accuracy of Member and donor data
- To provide database training and support for the Membership and Development teams.
- To document and keep updated all written procedures relating to subscriptions, donations and Gift Aid.
- To report all technical issues and test the solutions provided liaising with CRM system administrator and external agencies.
- To research and implement new processes and procedures to ensure the CRM and website systems are used to their full potential and to ensure this activity is coordinated with the objectives and activity of CRM system administrator.
- To work with relevant departments and external agencies on development of new projects, processes and functionality as required by Head of Membership and Deputy Director of Development.
- To manage the testing of new functionality and upgrades to all existing systems (including CRM and website) that relate to Membership and Development.
- To keep up to date with all relevant regulations, updating procedures, documentation and training as required.
- To prepare and submit Gift Aid claims after managing a thorough audit process.
- To prepare all membership renewals
- To extract mailing data for annual renewal notices, Member acquisition and fundraising campaigns and other data as required.
- To coordinate and manage the Membership renewals process
- To provide income reporting for bi-annual budgets and tri-annual board reports and other reporting as required.
- To work closely with the Finance Department to ensure reconciliation of records and to investigate queries.
- To line manage the Operations Coordinator
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ability to work extremely accurately with excellent attention to detail
- Personable and team player but also self-motivated
- Previous experience working with CRM databases
- Strong numeracy skills
- Ability to prioritise workload using own initiative
- Ability to deliver under pressure and to deadline
- Good working knowledge of desktop applications, including advanced Excel
- The ability to problem solve effectively
- Previous experience / knowledge of Gift Aid, Direct Debits, GDPR
- Strong communication skills
Salary and Benefits
We can offer a salary of circa £26,000 dependent on experience.
The contractual hours of work are 35 per week however you may be required to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role.
We offer 5.6 weeks holiday per year including bank holidays
We have excellent on asite catering facilities, offer a beautiful working environment, the opportunity to see world class opera and for those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station and a season ticket loan scheme.