Membership Operations Assistant
We currently have a vacancy for a Membership Operations Assistant to join us on a fixed-term contract.
Since its founding in 1934, Glyndebourne has remained financially independent and, whilst receiving valued Arts Council support for the Tour and education work, the Festival receives no public subsidy. As a registered charity, our work is funded by Box Office income, our Members and supporters.
We currently have a vacancy for a Membership Operations Assistant to join us on a fixed-term contract. Working with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy you will provide support for the finance, data and systems requirements of the Membership and Development teams.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To input membership subscription and donation pledges and payments and Gift Aid declarations
- To provide training and support to colleagues processing payments and inputting Gift Aid declarations
- To monitor processing of subscriptions and donations
- To input more complex pledges and payments for Memberships and donations
- To administer all payments from charity accounts
- To action all BACS and Gift Aid declaration administration
- To identify and follow up payment issues and unpaid subscriptions
- To resolve and respond to incoming subscription, donation and Gift Aid queries
- To action Member and donor administration
- To ensure prompt acknowledgment of all subscription and donation payments
- To action daily reconciliation of database reports with payments in liaison with Finance team
- To prepare, send, submit and follow up regular Direct Debit collections and invoicing
- To extract mailing data from database for regular e/mailings and to coordinate these mailings both in-house and with an external mailing house.
- To conduct a thorough Gift Aid audit process
- To provide regular reports on subscription and donation income
- To support the set up of the database with regards to payment processing
- To adhere to all relevant regulations including. GDPR, Gift Aid, PCI, AUDDIS, Paperless and Fundraising Code.
- To assist with other tasks as required and undertake other duties relevant to the post as directed by the Membership Operations Manager and Head of Membership.
Knowledge, skills and Experience
- Ability to work extremely accurately with excellent attention to detail
- Personable and team player but also self-motivated
- Previous experience working with CRM databases
- Strong numeracy skills
- Ability to prioritise workload using own initiative
- Ability to deliver under pressure and to deadlines
- Good working knowledge of desktop applications, including advanced Excel
- The ability to problem solve effectively
- Previous experience / knowledge of Gift Aid, Direct Debits, GDPR
- Strong communication skills
Salary and Benefits
We can offer a salary of £19,000 per annum.
The contractual hours of work are 35 per week however you may be required to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role.
We offer 5.6 weeks holiday per year including bank holidays
We have excellent on site catering facilities, offer a beautiful working environment, the opportunity to see world class opera and for those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station and a season ticket loan scheme.