Make-Up (Show Staff)
We have a vacancy for show staff to join our Make-Up team for this year’s Festival
Working as part of a team your primary responsibility is to assist with the running of shows. You will carry out all creative and artistic work relating to make up and prosthetic application to agreed standards, for all Glyndebourne productions.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- The application and removal of make up and prosthetics for preparatory, rehearsal and show related purposes
- Daily maintenance and cleaning of makeup tools and equipment
- Preparation of makeup tools and equipment
- Creation of Running Plots
- Assisting in the setting up, maintenance & housekeeping of quick-change areas and housekeeping in all other work areas
- You must uphold the highest standards of hygiene and technical application when dealing with artists
- Ensuring the tidiness of all work areas and the safe operation of equipment
- Assisting in other areas as required by Head of Costume
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A relevant qualification in make up
- Backstage theatrical / media experience
- Repertory and / or large scale touring experience
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to demonstrate high standards of customer care with all artists, designers, production related staff and visitors
- Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety and Departmental procedures
Rates of Pay, Hours & Benefits
This is an hourly paid position at (Grade 4) £11.97 per hour, plus a non-consolidated 2% and any other agreed increases for 2023.
There will be a five hour minimum call per day but the hours of work will be variable depending on the number of productions worked. Overtime rates will apply for any hours worked on a Sunday.
You will receive half a day’s paid holiday for each week worked (6.8 weeks holiday per annum pro rata inclusive of bank holidays).
We can offer a beautiful working environment, and the chance to see world-class opera. For those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station.
We also offer :
- Free Pilates and Zumba classes, once a week
- Corporate Gym memberships
- An onsite Physiotherapist
- Subsidised electric car charging
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Subsidised dining at our onsite restaurants
- Free tea and coffee
- Discount at the Glyndebourne shop
- Free on-site parking
- Free minibus service to and from Lewes train station and Ringmer
- Discount at various highstreet retailers through the Glyndebourne benefits hub
How to Apply
Glyndebourne is an Equal Opportunities Employer and a Registered Charity. We promote equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply for vacancies, including ethnically diverse and disabled candidates, who are currently under-represented in our workforce.
To help us monitor the effectiveness of our commitment to diversity and inclusion and our supporting policies and procedures, we ask all job applicants to complete our anonymized and confidential Equal Opportunities monitoring form .
Please then email your CV and covering letter to Sam Stonard, Administration Assistant at email@example.com
Please note; we are only able to consider applicants who are available for the entire contract period.
The closing date for applications is Friday 31 March 2023
As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for our vacancies. If relevant to you, please inform us of this in your covering letter. If you have any questions in relation to this please contact a member of the HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Glyndebourne commits to protecting your privacy. We will only use information about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and other relevant legislation and regulations. Please see more information in our Company Privacy Notice on our website.