Head of Retail
We are looking for a Head of Retail to develop and deliver our retail strategy to maximise profit generated from sales through multi-channel retailing.
Glyndebourne is committed to presenting opera of the highest quality, commissioning new work, developing new talent and reaching new audiences. Glyndebourne has remained financially independent since 1934 and our retail operations – online, shop and gallery, directly support our work.
We are looking for a Head of Retail to develop and deliver our retail strategy to maximise profit generated from sales through multi-channel retailing – the physical shop and gallery at Glyndebourne; e-commerce; and through other potential trading partners, which reflect and support the Glyndebourne brand and contribute to the overall customer experience.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead the retail team to consistently meet sales and financial targets
- Drive sales by buying and commissioning relevant and niche high quality merchandise and art tailored to our customer base
- Grow retail operation by maximising e-commerce opportunities
- Set and control retail budgets
- Analyse sales data to capitalise on trends and improve profitability
- Produce regular sales and profit reports
- Manage the retail team including performance, development and coaching to maximise delivery of sales targets
- Ensure outstanding customer service is offered at all times both in the physical shop and on-line
- Work closely with the Communications team to maximise sales opportunities with new and existing audiences
- Manage a wide range of external stakeholders including trading partners, designers, artists and curators
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proven track record in developing a successful retail strategy and increasing sales in both a physical and online marketplace
- Ability to spot retail and product opportunities that will enhance sales and profit
- Experience of sourcing and selling relevant products for ABC1 audiences.
- Excellent negotiation skills for both buying (B2B) and selling (B2C)
- Strong commercial awareness
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer service excellence
- Demonstrable experience of leading, managing and developing a retail team to achieve results
- Retail experience of high end products
- An understanding of, or interest in Opera
- Experience of working in an Arts background
Salary and Benefits
We can offer a salary between £50,000 – £55,000 dependent on experience. Salaries are reviewed annually on 1st January.
The contractual hours of work are 35 per week but will require evening and weekend work throughout the Festival and Tour (May to August and October) when the on-site shop is open during performances.
We offer 5.6 weeks holiday per year rising to 6.6 weeks after 5 years including public holidays.
We have excellent on site catering facilities, can offer a beautiful working environment, the opportunity to see world class opera and for those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station and a season ticket loan scheme.