We currently have a Permanent vacancy for an experienced Assistant to join our Finance team
This role will offer plenty of variety, your responsibilities will include purchase ledger, bank reconciliations, income processing, sales invoicing and credit control. We are looking for someone with excellent organisational and communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy with previous finance experience preferable.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Together with another Finance Assistant, responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all invoices are authorised and paid in a timely manner
- Managing the invoices inbox and workflow
- Processing large volumes of supplier invoices
- Preparing and processing regular payment runs
- Maintaining accurate supplier details
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Communicating with suppliers and budget holders in relation to payment and invoice queries
- Income processing:
- Maintain financial records relating to memberships and fundraising, including regular reconciliations between the finance system and the memberships and donor database.
- Regular banking of cheques and cash
- Financial recording of programme sales income
- Sales ledger – assisting Head of Finance with sales invoicing (including for hospitality dining packages, corporate sponsorships, recharges to catering partners and to Glyndebourne House) and credit control to ensure timely receipt of payments
- Posting cash book entries for memberships and fundraising bank accounts
- Bank reconciliations for above accounts
- Resolving queries internally and with the bank
- Month end reporting
- Assisting with year end audit queries
- Ad-hoc duties as part of a busy team and cover as required
A high degree of confidentiality is essential, particularly in respect of contracts and payments.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Prior experience of working in a finance environment
- Ability to work extremely accurately and in an organised fashion, responding to competing priorities
- Flexible attitude and good team working skills
- Good interpersonal skills – self-motivated, hardworking and enthusiastic
- Familiarity with PS Financials
- Previous experience in a charity or arts environment
- Interest in the Arts
Salary and Benefits
We can offer a salary of up to £25,214.40 dependent on experience. Salaries are reviewed annually on 1st January.
This is a full time position, the contractual hours of work are 35 per week, Monday-Friday however you may be required to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role.
We offer 5.6 weeks holiday per year rising to 6.6 weeks after 5 years including public holidays.
We can offer a beautiful working environment, and the chance to see world-class opera. For those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station.
We also offer:
- Free Pilates and Zumba classes, once a week
- Corporate Gym memberships
- An onsite Physiotherapist
- Subsidised electric car charging
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Subsidised dining at our onsite restaurants
- Free tea and coffee
- Discount at the Glyndebourne shop
- Free on-site parking
- Discount at various highstreet retailers through the Glyndebourne benefits hub
How to Apply
Glyndebourne is an Equal Opportunities Employer and a Registered Charity. We promote equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply for vacancies, including ethnically diverse and disabled candidates, who are currently under-represented in our workforce.
To help us monitor the effectiveness of our commitment to diversity and inclusion and our supporting policies and procedures, we ask all job applicants to complete our anonymized and confidential Equal Opportunities monitoring form .
Please then apply by email, sending your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed as they arrive.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for our vacancies. If relevant to you, please inform us of this in your covering letter. If you have any questions in relation to this or if you would like this advert sent to you in a larger or dyslexia friendly font then please contact a member of the HR team at email@example.com.
This job description reflects the current situation. It does not preclude change or development that might be required in the future
Glyndebourne commits to protecting your privacy. We will only use information about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and other relevant legislation and regulations. Please see more information in our Company Privacy Notice on our website.