Exhibitions and Collections Volunteers
We have an opportunity for new volunteers to be part of our friendly and dedicated Art & Collections team
As part of the Art & Collections team, you will work with our Archivist to care for our internationally significant theatre collection. Our volunteers help us to understand the collection’s extent, content and condition more fully, plan for its long term care, and provide greater access to the collection to researchers and the public.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assisting the Art & Collections team with the day-to-day running of the archive
- Assisting with exhibitions
- Sorting and cataloguing the collections within the archive
- Object handling
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- A methodological approach and attention to detail
- An ability to complete tasks independently and as part of a team
- An interest in collections management
- An interest in theatre, opera, music and/or art
You will be required to volunteer one day per week, 10:00 – 16:00.
Support, Training and Benefits
We can offer a beautiful working environment, and the chance to see world-class opera.
We also offer :
- Full induction and training as required to perform the role
- Reasonable travel expenses or lunch
- For those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station.
- Free on-site parking
How to Apply
Glyndebourne is an Equal Opportunities Employer and a Registered Charity. We promote equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply for vacancies, including ethnically diverse and disabled candidates, who are currently under-represented in our workforce.
To help us monitor the effectiveness of our commitment to diversity and inclusion and our supporting policies and procedures, we ask all job applicants to complete our anonymized and confidential Equal Opportunities monitoring form .
Please then apply by e-mail, sending your CV and covering letter to Phil Boot, Archivist- firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed as they arrive.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for our vacancies. If relevant to you, please inform us of this in your covering letter. If you have any questions in relation to this please contact a member of the HR team at email@example.com.
Glyndebourne commits to protecting your privacy. We will only use information about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and other relevant legislation and regulations. Please see more information in our Company Privacy Notice on our website.