Executive Assistant to the Executive Chairman
We have a unique opportunity for an Executive Assistant to provide administrative and secretarial support to our Executive Chairman.
This role will also support Danielle de Niese and her business. We are looking for someone with senior PA experience and a flexible approach to support them both, particularly as their commitments outside of Glyndebourne mean they are regularly away from the office.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To support Gus with the management of his diary and booking meetings as required
- To provide administrative support dealing with telephone enquiries, email and letter correspondence
- To administer Gus’s opera /dinner invitations during the Festival and first nights of the Tour, liaising with Leith’s on the menus and other departments as required
- Maintain accurate records of dinner arrangements and process invoices and expenses
- To administer the first nights house party dinner invitations and cast and production team drinks liaising with the Residents Manager
- To organise and book UK and overseas travel and provide information to ensure Gus is fully briefed
- To administer ticket requests on behalf of Gus
- Taking minutes as and when required
- Personal PA support to Gus Christie and Danielle de Niese
- Personal PA support to Danielle, including but not limited to sending drink/dinner invitations, booking travel arrangements, liaising with her social media team on a regular basis, processing her expenses, running errands and to attend UK venues with her
- To support other departments with ad hoc administration if time permits
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience as a PA at a senior level
- The ability to work flexibly as there may be some work in the evenings
- Excellent IT skills, fast and accurate typing, Intermediate MS Excel, Word and Outlook as a minimum
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work unsupervised with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work with a high level of confidence and discretion
- Shorthand or speedwriting
- A knowledge or interest in opera and classical music
Salary and Benefits
We can offer a salary of up to £30,000 dependent on experience. Salaries are reviewed annually on 1st January.
The hours of work are 35 per week. However flexibility is required as there will be a requirement to work some evenings.
We offer 5.6 weeks holiday per year rising to 6.6 weeks after 5 years including public holidays.
We have excellent on site catering facilities, can offer a beautiful working environment, the opportunity to see world class opera and for those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station and a season ticket loan scheme.