We currently have vacancies for experienced drivers to join our Transport team for this year's Festival
You’ll be working as part of a team providing a scheduled transport service for employees, contractors and business visitors (not audience members) between Glyndebourne, Lewes and surrounding areas as required.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Driving Glyndebourne employees and authorised visitors to and from Lewes (and other routes as required) in line with the service schedule.
- Driving safely, adhering to the Highway Code at all times and acting appropriately to ensure the safety of passengers and other road users.
- Delivering a high level of customer service to passengers and anyone else you interact with.
- Communicating effectively with other members of the Transport team and Company Office on any aspect relating to the service.
- Carrying out daily vehicle checks as required, resolving any maintenance issues where appropriate (e.g. replacing bulbs, topping up fluid levels) and reporting safety concerns immediately to the Transport Manager (or, in their absence, the Head of Facilities).
- Reporting any concerns about road conditions or roadworthiness of company vehicles to the Transport Manager (or, in their absence, the Head of Facilities).
- Maintaining company vehicles in a clean condition, inside and out, at all times.
- Completing all relevant electronic and paper records, including timesheets and accident/incident reports.
- Carrying out other driving duties as required, including additional unscheduled journeys and taking company vehicles for maintenance.
- Arranging cover for sickness or other absences as required.
- Assisting with other duties, such as car park checking, when required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A full clean licence with a minibus driving entitlement
- Previous customer care experience
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- First aid training
Rate of pay, Hours and Benefits
This is an hourly paid position paid at £10.42 per hour.
We have two shift patterns available;
April – August: The contractual hours of work are initially expected to be between 17-27 per week; you would need to be available to work on Wednesday evenings and Friday daytime, as well as being available for other shifts across evenings and weekends. You may be required to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role.
May – August: The contractual hours of work are initially expected to be between 12-27 per week; you would need to be available to work between 3 – 6 evenings per week. You may be required to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role.
We offer 5.6 weeks’ holiday inclusive of bank holidays per annum pro rata.
We can offer a beautiful working environment, and the chance to see world-class opera. For those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station (can be discussed further at interview).
We also offer :
- Free Pilates and Zumba classes, once a week
- Corporate Gym memberships
- An onsite Physiotherapist
- Subsidised electric car charging
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Subsidised dining at our onsite restaurants
- Free tea and coffee
- Discount at the Glyndebourne shop
- Free on-site parking
- Free minibus service to and from Lewes train station and Ringmer
- Discount at various highstreet retailers through the Glyndebourne benefits hub
How to Apply
Glyndebourne is an Equal Opportunities Employer and a Registered Charity. We promote equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply for vacancies, including ethnically diverse and disabled candidates, who are currently under-represented in our workforce.
To help us monitor the effectiveness of our commitment to diversity and inclusion and our supporting policies and procedures, we ask all job applicants to complete our anonymized and confidential Equal Opportunities monitoring form .
Please then apply by email, sending your CV and covering letter to Mark Bridge- Transport Manager, email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday 24 March 2023
As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for our vacancies. If relevant to you, please inform us of this in your covering letter. If you have any questions in relation to this or if you would like this advert sent to you in a larger or dyslexia friendly font then please contact a member of the HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.