Draftsperson & Archive Coordinator
We are currently recruiting for a Draftsperson & Archive Coordinator to join our Lighting, Sound & Video team on a Permanent contract.
Your role will be to deliver high quality technical services to productions at Glyndebourne and any other venue where the company may perform. This role will lead on collation and recording of all production archive information for Lighting, Sound and Video. You will use drafting software to create high quality detailed technical drawings and plans for both production and buildings/project purposes.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To oversee the drawing of shows from a Lighting, Sound and Video perspective from design concept to first night
- Provide all drafting facilities to the Lighting, Sound and Video department for all production related drawings and previs models
- Update, modify and digitise historic plans
- Create schematic drawings and building plans as required for site-wide projects
- Work alongside the Production Department and Production Managers to assist in the realisation of opera for the stage at Glyndebourne and other performance spaces
- Prepare and update rigging and network documentation, operation manuals, risk assessments, method statements and other documentation as appropriate.
- Provide and update all show related paperwork, working with the rest of the department throughout the production processes, resulting in full technical documentation by the end of a production’s run
- Liaise with the Technical Coordinator to ensure that all necessary information is provided with production rentals and hires
- To liaise with Glyndebourne’s Archivist to ensure all show-related information is recorded accurately and stored in a suitable format at the end of each season
- To prioritise conflicting workloads in a rapidly changing environment.
- To ensure all projects & systems meet Glyndebourne’s sustainability targets from a lighting perspective.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A proven track record working with complex AutoCAD and Vectorworks drawings in 2D and 3D.
- An excellent technical knowledge with an understanding of how this applies to a theatre environment.
- Excellent knowledge of scenic construction and engineering techniques.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- An overall understanding of repertory theatre.
- A good knowledge of health and safety within a theatrical environment including safe rigging practices, temporary electrical installations and CDM.
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects simultaneously whilst prioritising conflicting demands.
- Proficient in the use of Windows, Apple & Google computer systems & software.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- A driven individual who is keen to carry forward processes and help build up robust methodologies in conjunction with the wider team.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- A genuine passion for theatre.
- Experience working professionally in the entertainment industry.
- Experience with visualisation and modelling software, eg Capture, WYSIWYG, Ease.
- An understanding of technical developments within lighting and how they can be applied to a performance environment.
- Education: Appropriate Degree or equivalent professional experience – Design, Engineering, Theatre Production, Installation Electrics etc.
- To travel, when required, on Glyndebourne business.
Hours of work, Salary and Benefits
We can offer a salary of between £30,000 – £35,000 per annum dependent on skills & experience, salaries are reviewed annually on 1st January.
The contractual hours of work are on average 35 per week however you may be required to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role including evenings & weekends.
We offer 5.6 weeks holiday per year including public holidays, this will increase to 6.6 weeks from April 2024. We also give additional non-contractual closure dates at Christmas.
We can offer a beautiful working environment, and the chance to see world-class opera. For those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station.
We also offer :
- Free Pilates and Zumba classes, once a week
- Corporate Gym memberships
- An onsite Physiotherapist
- Cost price electric car charging
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Subsidised dining at our onsite restaurants
- Free tea and coffee
- Discount at the Glyndebourne shop
- Free on-site parking
- Free minibus service to and from Lewes train station and Ringmer
- Discount at various highstreet retailers through the Glyndebourne benefits hub
How to Apply
Glyndebourne is an Equal Opportunities Employer and a Registered Charity. We promote equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply for vacancies, including ethnically diverse and disabled candidates, who are currently under-represented in our workforce.
To help us monitor the effectiveness of our commitment to diversity and inclusion and our supporting policies and procedures, we ask all job applicants to complete our anonymized and confidential Equal Opportunities monitoring form.
Please then apply by e-mail, sending your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, candidates must be able to provide evidence of their right to work in the UK.
Applications will be reviewed as they arrive with interviews to be held in early December and an intended start date of January 2024.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for our vacancies. If relevant to you, please inform us of this in your covering letter. If you have any questions in relation to this or if you would like this advert sent to you in a larger or dyslexia friendly font then please contact a member of the HR team at email@example.com.
Glyndebourne commits to protecting your privacy. We will only use information about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and other relevant legislation and regulations. Please see more information in our Company Privacy Notice on our website.