Casual Lighting, Sound and Video Technicians
We are currently recruiting for Lighting, Sound and Video Technicians to join us on a casual contract for our Autumn season
Reporting to the Head of Lighting and AV and Lighting and Sound Supervisors you will provide technical support to the Glyndebourne Lighting and AV Department in order to ensure the provision of high quality AV and lighting services to Glyndebourne. The roles will cover lighting, sound and video duties within a busy multidisciplinary department.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Preparation, storing and operating all lighting, sound and video equipment, and repairing and maintaining equipment as required, including followspotting
- Assist in ensuring all rehearsal, show changeovers and performances are executed smoothly and to time
- General rigging, focussing, setting up and running shows
- Prepare show notes, running notes, cue sheets, print-outs and archival documentation as appropriate
- Assist other Departments in any related activities and productions
- Assist in any pre-production work
- Any other duties commensurate with the role
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Basic understanding of electricity and electrical safety
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Creative flair and excellent attention to detail
- Must be highly self motivated and display a willingness to learn
- Must be an excellent team player and equally adept at working alone
- Must maintain diplomacy and professionalism at all times
- Should demonstrate a willingness to work long and anti-social hours, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to work quickly and creatively
- Resilience, stamina and ability to work comfortably at heights
- Genuine passion for theatre
- Relevant professional lighting, sound or video experience
- Basic understanding of Eos family of consoles, power and data distribution
- working knowledge of common lighting equipment, both legacy and modern
Sound and Video Bias:
- Working knowledge of Qlab
- Understanding of foldback and monitoring requirements for performance
- working knowledge of sound and video equipment, both legacy and modern
- Experience followspotting large scale productions
- Experience in stage electrics, pyrotechnics and special effects
- Experience in repertory theatre
- Knowledge of basic stagecraft and health and safety
Sound and Video:
- Experience with DiGiCo mixing consoles
- Experience with projection systems and media servers
- Experience with accessibility systems: AD, Assisted Listening, Surtitles
- Experience with network-based systems (Dante Level 1 preferred)
- Knowledge of theatre infrastructure systems
- Working knowledge of modern and legacy communication systems
Hours of Work
Hours as required between October and December 2023. Hours will include some evenings and weekends.
Rates of Pay and Benefits
The rate of pay for this position is between £11.78 – £13.24 per hour dependant on experience.
Overtime rates apply for any shift longer than 8 hours, a 6th day & Sunday working.
We can offer a beautiful working environment, and the chance to see world-class opera. For those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station.
We also offer :
- Free Pilates and Zumba classes, once a week
- Corporate Gym memberships
- An onsite Physiotherapist
- Cost price electric car charging
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Subsidised dining at our onsite restaurants
- Free tea and coffee
- Discount at the Glyndebourne shop
- Free on-site parking
- Free minibus service to and from Lewes train station and Ringmer
- Discount at various highstreet retailers through the Glyndebourne benefits hub
How to Apply
Glyndebourne is an Equal Opportunities Employer and a Registered Charity. We promote equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply for vacancies, including ethnically diverse and disabled candidates, who are currently under-represented in our workforce.
To help us monitor the effectiveness of our commitment to diversity and inclusion and our supporting policies and procedures, we ask all job applicants to complete our anonymized and confidential Equal Opportunities monitoring form .
Please then apply by e-mail, sending your CV and covering letter to Vic Pyne, Head of Lighting & AV, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note; we can only accept applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Applications will be reviewed as they arrive.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for our vacancies. If relevant to you, please inform us of this in your covering letter. If you have any questions in relation to this or if you would like this advert sent to you in a larger or dyslexia friendly font please contact a member of the HR team at email@example.com.
Glyndebourne commits to protecting your privacy. We will only use information about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and other relevant legislation and regulations. Please see more information in our Company Privacy Notice on our website.