Assistant Sound & Video Technician
We are recruiting for an Assistant Sound & Video Technician to join us for the 2023 Festival
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Prepare, rig, focus, operate, maintain and troubleshoot, sound, video and lighting equipment.
- Operate sound and video for performances including assisting with scene changes as required.
- Prepare accurate show notes, cue sheets and other documentation as appropriate.
- Assist with rehearsals, show changeovers and performances ensuring they are executed smoothly and to time.
- Provide support to other departments in their use of sound and video systems.
- Assist with the archival recording process.
- To provide sole technical support for small events across the Glyndebourne site.
- To assist with lighting duties as required.
- To maintain backstage areas to the highest standard.
- To work alongside others in a safe and efficient manner.
- To work across 7 days including unsocial hours.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of working in sound, video or lighting in a theatre environment.
- Knowledge of a range of professional sound and video equipment.
- To be able to complete manual handling tasks safely.
- To be able to work safely at height.
- A basic understanding of electricity and electrical safety.
- Proficient in the use of Windows and Apple computer systems.
- An ability and willingness to learn new skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Must work excellently alone or as part of a team.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- An awareness of large scale repertory theatre.
- A working knowledge of Qlab.
- Familiarity with digital mixing consoles.
- Experience with media servers and projection systems.
- Knowledge of safe rigging practices.
- Experience with audio or video editing software.
- An understanding of theatrical control systems.
- An understanding of sound and video monitoring systems within a theatrical environment.
- Experience working with networked audio, video and control systems.
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance.
- Experience with the EOS family of lighting consoles.
- An awareness of health and safety within a theatrical environment.
- Training: ABTT Bronze Award, IPAF, Manual Handling, Working at Height.
- To travel, when required, on Glyndebourne business.
Hours of Work
The basic hours of work are 39 per week plus overtime. You will be required to work longer shifts over 6 days during the busiest periods.
Rates of Pay and Benefits.
The rate for this position is £11.21 per hour, plus a non-consolidated 2%.
Overtime rates will apply for any shift longer than 8 hours, a 6th day & Sunday working.
Over half a day’s paid holiday for each week worked (6.8 weeks holiday per annum pro rata inclusive of bank holidays).
We can offer a beautiful working environment, and the chance to see world-class opera. For those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station.
We also offer :
- Free Pilates and Zumba classes, once a week
- Corporate Gym memberships
- An onsite Physiotherapist
- Subsidised electric car charging
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Subsidised dining at our onsite restaurants
- Free tea and coffee
- Discount at the Glyndebourne shop
- Free on-site parking
- Discount at various highstreet retailers through the Glyndebourne benefits hub
How to Apply
Glyndebourne is an Equal Opportunities Employer and a Registered Charity. We promote equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply for vacancies, including ethnically diverse and disabled candidates, who are currently under-represented in our workforce.
To help us monitor the effectiveness of our commitment to diversity and inclusion and our supporting policies and procedures, we ask all job applicants to complete our anonymized and confidential Equal Opportunities monitoring form .
Please then apply by e-mail, sending your CV and covering letter to Vic Pyne-Head of Lighting & AV, email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 1 February 2023 with interviews being held w/c 13 March.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for our vacancies. If relevant to you, please inform us of this in your covering letter. If you have any questions in relation to this or if you would like this advert sent to you in a larger or dyslexia friendly font then please contact a member of the HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Glyndebourne commits to protecting your privacy. We will only use information about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and other relevant legislation and regulations. Please see more information in our Company Privacy Notice on our website.