Festival Timeline 2019
You’ll find all the information you need below to help you plan your company’s visits to the Glyndebourne Festival.
Whether you’re new to booking tickets and dining at Glyndebourne or you just want to check priority dates, the timeline below shows all the important milestones throughout the year.
October: Renew your membership
- You should have received your Festival 2019 brochures and booking information. Corporate Members receive the highest level of priority booking, alongside our individual Festival Society Members. Ensure your Membership renewal is in place by 30 October to make the most of your benefits.
November: Request your tickets
- Please return your ticket requests to us by 30 November to have your bookings processed with guaranteed access. Your Membership priority allowance is detailed on the booking form.
December: Priority booking opens
You’ll receive a confirmation email once your tickets have been allocated. You can continue to request further tickets, within your overall allowance, by emailing email@example.com at any time during the first priority booking period (1 December – 16 January). Please note that availability will reduce from 15 January, when our Associate Members have access to book tickets.
If you have any further ticket requests, please submit these by 16 January for better availability..
January: Advance dining reservations
Dining brochures will be posted and full details including menus will be available at www.diningatglyndebourne.com. You will also be alerted by email once 2019 dining details are ready. Pre-performance drinks, canapés and long interval dining will be available to book online.
All dining options for the 90-minute interval must be ordered at least three weeks before your visit to guarantee a table. Early booking is advised.
Top Tip To reserve your table/s, ahead of confirming your guests’ choices in the new year, select the new ‘dining’ option on 2019’s Festival Booking Form and indicate your restaurant choice.
January–March: Returns and exchanges
Corporate Members can exchange tickets without charge, or return tickets for a full refund before we open for public booking in March. After 1 March, standard Ticket T&Cs apply. The original tickets will need to be returned to the Box Office before any returns/exchanges can take place.
Top Tip Opting to hold tickets for collection from the Box Office makes it easier to process any returns or exchanges.
February: Book additional tickets
- 18 February: Second opportunity for Corporate Members
You have the opportunity to make additional bookings above your allocation and without restriction from this date, availability permitting. Do contact the box office directly with any additional requests.
20 February: Staff priority booking opens for your company
Following the Members’ priority booking and before the public booking, your employees benefit from the opportunity to book any available Festival tickets online via a special promotional code. Please do get in touch if you would like to set this up for your company.
March: Public booking opens
- 6pm on Sunday 3 March 2019: public booking opens online. Return any unneeded tickets to the Box Office before this date for an exchange or full refund.Tickets returned after this date may be accepted for resale. Please note that Glyndebourne must sell all its own tickets before being able to accept any returns for resale and availability can change – see our ticket terms for details.
Don’t forget to cancel any restaurant reservations for related dates, on +44(0)1273 812 510.
10am on Monday 4 March 2019: public booking opens by telephone
April – May: Programme Book Vouchers
Complimentary Programme Book vouchers will be posted to you by early May. Vouchers are redeemable at Glyndebourne for a copy of the Programme Book during the Festival only.
Additional vouchers or Programme Books can be ordered through our online shop from spring 2018. A click and collect service is also available, meaning you can order additional copies of the Programme Book to collect on the day, without incurring postage.
Your Membership includes complimentary pre-performance drinks, which may be supplied as vouchers to be redeemed at the bar or at Glyndebourne receptions. Look out for further details and invitations, depending on your Membership level.
Top Tip Glyndebourne now issues Programme Book vouchers by post as standard. If you would prefer to have the Programme Books delivered straight to your office please let us know by email.
- May – June: Finalise your dining
- If you’ve yet to submit your dining choices, book a restaurant or organise pre-performance drinks, be sure to do so at least three weeks before the performance. You can book your dining options online or call Leith’s directly on +44(0)1273 812 510.
Top Tip Please ensure you supply a host name for each booking to ensure a smooth experience on the day.
18 May: Festival 2019 opens
- We’re on hand throughout the Festival to assist with every aspect of your visit.
From lost tickets to lost VIPs, weather warnings to parking particulars, please don’t hesitate to get in touch if we can help: +44(0)1273 815418.
If there are any further resources you’d like to see, simply let us know.