Corporate Membership timeline
You’ll find all the information you need below to help you plan your company visits to Glyndebourne Festival.
Whether you’re new to booking tickets and dining at Glyndebourne or you just want to check priority dates, the timeline below shows all the important milestones throughout the year.
July 2017: 2018 Toolkit page launches
- A selection of resources and content for Festival 2018 will be available for your use to whet the appetites of your ticket buyers. If there are any further resources you’d like to see, simply let us know.
August: Plan your 2018 events
- Glyndebourne are offering private dining experiences for Festival 2018, which can be provisionally booked by Corporate Members from August 2017
September: Invitation to renew your Membership
From early September, information about your Membership will be sent to you with an invitation to renew ahead of Festival 2018.
This is a great time to evaluate how you’ve used your Membership. We’d be delighted to work with you to enhance the Membership according to your needs.
October: Brochures and booking forms are sent
- We’ll be sending all the booking information and Festival brochure to you by email in early October.
Corporate Members receive the highest level of priority booking, so please return your ticket requests to us by 1 December to have your bookings processed with guaranteed access.
You will also receive copies of the Festival brochure by post.
1 December: Box Office start to allocate Corporate Members’ tickets
- Return your booking form before 1 December to make sure you receive the highest level of priority booking.
You’ll receive a confirmation email once your tickets have been allocated.
Opting to hold tickets for collection from the Box Office, makes it easier to process any returns or exchanges at a later date.
Mid-January: Dining at Glyndebourne brochure released
Dining brochures will be posted with your tickets and full details will be available at www.diningatglyndebourne.com. You will also be alerted by email once dining details are ready. Pre-performance drinks, canapés and long interval dining will be available to book online.
All dining options for the 90-minute interval must be ordered at least three weeks before your visit to guarantee a table. Early booking is advised.
Top Tip If you would like to reserve a table only (whilst you await your guest’s menu choices) go to the Dining at Glyndebourne site and click through the menu pages for your chosen date until you reach the end and receive booking confirmation.
12 January: Final payment date for reserved tickets/ last day of first priority booking
- Reserved tickets must be paid for by 12 January.
Please also remember that Corporate Members can return tickets for a full refund before we open for public booking in March. After public booking, standard Ticket T&Cs apply.
Top Tip If you have any further ticket requests, please submit these by this date for better availability.
20 January: Programme Book and website acknowledgements
- Your company will be listed in our Festival Programme Book and on the Glyndebourne website for the duration of Festival 2018. Contact us by this date to confirm how you’d like to be listed or if you’d prefer to remain anonymous.
Top Tip From 2018 the Glyndebourne will issue Programme Book vouchers by post as standard. If you would prefer to have the Programme Books delivered straight to your office (without redeeming the vouchers onsite) please let us know by email.
February: Second opportunity for tickets and staff priority booking opens
- 19 February: Second opportunity for Corporate Members
You have the opportunity to make additional bookings above your allocation and without restriction from this date, availability permitting.
21 February: Staff priority booking opens for your company
Following the Members’ priority booking and before the public booking, we will offer your employees the opportunity to book any available Festival tickets online via a special promotional code.
2 March: Return unneeded tickets to the Box Office
Return any unneeded tickets to the Box Office before this date for an exchange or full refund. Tickets returned after this date may be accepted for resale.
Please note that Glyndebourne must sell all its own tickets before being able to accept any returns for resale and availability can change – see our ticket terms for details.
Don’t forget to cancel any restaurant reservations that are connected to the tickets, on +44(0)1273 812 510.
Early March: Advertising deadline
- Book your Festival Programme Book advertising by this date and receive your Corporate Membership discount.
4-5 March: Public booking opens
- 6pm on Sunday 4 March 2017: public booking opens online
10am on Monday 5 March 2017: public booking opens by telephone
Late March: Book your place at a Glyndebourne drinks reception
- Further dates for our drinks receptions are announced – RSVP to book your places.
Please check your Membership terms for eligibility.
May: Programme Book voucher delivery
Complimentary Programme Book vouchers will be posted to you in early May. Vouchers are redeemable at Glyndebourne for a copy of the Programme Book during the Festival only.
If you would prefer to have copies of the Programme Book posted to your office, let us know by the end of March.
Additional vouchers or Programme Books can be ordered through our online shop from spring 2018. A click and collect service is also available, meaning you can order additional copies of the Programme Book to collect on the day, without incurring postage.
- Early May: Finalise your dining
- If you’ve yet to submit your dining choices, book a restaurant or organise pre-performance drinks, be sure to do so at least three weeks before the performance. You can book your dining options online online or call Leith’s directly on +44(0)1273 812 510.
Top Tip To add a host’s name to your online reservation, please make a note of their name in the “Special Instructions” box, stating clearly that they are the host. This will ensure your guests do not have to quote your name on arrival.
Mid-May: Priority booking for Glyndebourne Tour opens
Following Tour Members’ priority booking and before public booking opens, we will offer you and your employees the opportunity to book available Tour tickets for performances at Glyndebourne. See our Employee Offers page for more details.
Tour 2018 includes a revival of Festival favourite, La traviata, a new production of Massenet’s Cendrillon directed by Fiona Shaw and a special event: La traviata: Behind the Curtain, exploring how opera works, live on stage, with a cast of brilliant singers and a full orchestra.
19 May: Festival 2018 opens
- We’re on hand throughout the Festival to assist with every aspect of your visit.
From lost tickets to lost VIPs, weather warnings to parking particulars, please don’t hesitate to get in touch if we can help: +44(0)1273 815418.
If there are any further resources you’d like to see, simply let us know.