Shop Sales Assistants
6 May – 26 August 2018
Afternoons & Evenings over 7 days
We have vacancies for enthusiastic people with retail, EPOS systems and customer service experience to join our shop staff team for the 2018 Festival.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Be a confident communicator and able to deal with customers and colleagues at all levels
- Serve all customers in a polite, courteous manner and deliver a high standard of customer service
- To work calmly and efficiently under pressure in a busy environment
- To sell and promote our merchandise
- Enjoy working as part of a team with a supportive attitude
- Receive payment for goods purchased by efficient use of EPOS system
- Comply with policy relating to till operation and handling of cash
- Ensure shop stationery, bags, till rolls etc are replenished
- Replenish shop floor displays as required
- Develop good product knowledge of all merchandise in the shop
- Maintain security and safety standards in the shop
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience of working in a busy retail environment
- Experience of EPOS systems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Physically fit, able to stand for several hours, lift and carry stock as required
- Knowledge of Opera and awareness of Glyndebourne activities
- Flexibility of working hours to suit the seven-day nature of our Customer Service operation.
- Due to the nature of the work successful candidates will be subject to additional reference checks.
Hours of Work
The shop is open afternoons and evenings on all performance nights.
You will be required to work shifts from approximately 2:30 – 11:00pm or 2:00 – 10:30pm with an hour break (depending on the length of each performance) and you must be available to work a minimum of three shifts per week.
Salary & Benefits
We can offer a rate of pay of £7.83 per hour. In addition, we offer 5.6 weeks’ holiday inclusive of bank holidays per annum pro rata.
We have excellent on site catering facilities, can offer a beautiful working environment and we are able to offer a free minibus service to Glyndebourne but due to the late finish applicants must make their own arrangements at the end of the shift.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is Friday 23 February 2018
We are an equal opportunities employer