Running Wig Assistant (Show Staff)
1 May – 26 August 2018, Variable Hours
We are currently looking for a Running Wig Assistant to join our show staff team for the 2018 Festival. Working as part of our team your primary responsibility is to assist with the running of shows. To carry out all creative and artistic work relating to wig and hair styling, to agreed standards, for all Glyndebourne productions.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- The application and removal of wigs, facial hair and postiche work for preparatory, rehearsal and show related purposes. Hairdressing and long hair styling as required.
- Daily maintenance and cleaning of wigs and facial hair
- Preparation of wigs and facial for storage
- Creation of Running Plots
- Assisting in the setting up and maintenance of quick-change areas and housekeeping
- Ensuring the tidiness of all work areas and the safe operation of equipment
- Assisting in other areas e.g. styling and dressing if required by Head of Costume
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A relevant qualification in hairdressing
- Theatre wig running and dressing experience
- Repertory and large scale touring experience
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to demonstrate high standards of customer care with all artists, designers, production related staff and visitors
- Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety and Departmental procedures
- Stage make up experience
- Wig making experience
Applicants must uphold the highest standards of hygiene and technical application in dealing with artists and should be able to work afternoons/evenings flexibly between Monday and Sunday as required within the festival schedule (and tour schedule if applicable).
Rates of Pay and Benefits
This is an hourly paid position with rates of between £10.51 – £11.23 per hour dependant on experience. There will be a five hour minimum call per day but the hours of work will be variable dependant on the number of productions worked. Overtime rates will apply for any hours worked on a Sunday.
6.8 weeks holiday pa pro rata inclusive of bank holidays.
We offer good working facilities in a beautiful country setting. For those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station that operates to a limited timetable.
How to Apply
Please note; we are only able to consider applicants who are available for the entire contract period.
The closing date for applications is 14 February 2018
We are an Equal Opportunities employer.