Retail Operations Manager (Maternity cover)
We have a vacancy for a Retail Operations Manager to join our busy Retail team for a minimum 10 month fixed-term contract starting in August. You will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of our Shop & Gallery and our stockroom function- managing deliveries and processing all paperwork relating to our retail operations.
You will have proven knowledge of stockroom function and stock control and the use of stock database systems.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Head of Retail to increase sales
- Responsible for the office and stockroom function: managing incoming deliveries and ensuring that they are accurately unpacked, checked, labelled and stored, including control of Glyndebourne own brand stock and off-site store
- Process all paperwork relating to retail operations: orders, invoices, returns and damaged goods
- Manage critical path of all deliveries
- Support development of new packaging and manage stock levels
- Responsible for the maintenance of stock levels using the shop POS software, as directed
- Ensure shop staff are constantly updated on all stock situations via internal “retail drive”.
- Work in collaboration with Web Merchandiser on mail-order fulfillment
- Assist and work in the shop, as required to ensure smooth running of the shop
- Work closely with Head of Retail in managing supply base on new product development. Liaise with suppliers on Purchase Order confirmations and deliveries
- Manage administration of artist and royalty contracts
- Manage finance of commissions and royalties with the finance department on monthly and yearly periods
- Liaise with artist when necessary on delivery and pickup of the art
- Manage time sheets of shop staff and liaise with payroll
- Manage Stockroom Assistant
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of stockroom function and stock control
- IT literate with experience of using stock database systems
- Visual display skills (online and physical)
- Ability to spot opportunities to increase sales/brand awareness
- Highly organised
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, able to build strong relationships internally and give first class customer service externally
- A positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- An understanding of marketing campaigns and promotions
- An interest in, or knowledge of opera
Salary and Benefits
We can offer a salary of up to £25,000 per annum, dependent on experience.
The contractual hours of work are 35 per week however you may be required to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role.
We offer 5.6 weeks holiday per year.
We have excellent on site catering facilities, offer a beautiful working environment, the opportunity to see world class opera and for those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station and a season ticket loan scheme.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is Friday 30 June 2017
We are an equal opportunities employer.