Programme Sales Assistant
Part Time, 17 May – 27 August 2017
We have a vacancy for a Front of House Assistant – Programme Sales, on a seasonal contract to enhance the experience we currently provide for customers during their visit to Glyndebourne. The role is part of Glyndebourne’s overall mission to provide an experience beyond even the highest expectations, for all our audiences, from the first point of contact to the end of the experience. The role therefore requires a high level of Customer Service experience together with strong interpersonal skills.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Responsible for stockroom and inventory management, ensuring programmes are in place on a daily basis for our Shop, the Box Office, the Programme Store itself and any other selling points. This will mean that, after cash reconciliation, there will be a requirement to ensure that the Box Office and the Shop are adequately re-stocked for the following evening’s performance.
- To be responsible for programme sales pre-performance from the Programme Store
- To provide information regarding any aspect of the customer’s Glyndebourne visit
- To resolve any issues or if necessary liaise with the Duty House Manager
- To reconcile cash sales post-performance
- To receive audience feedback and follow up as appropriate
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience of working in a customer service environment
- Experience of cash handling and reconciliation
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and use own initiative
- A working knowledge of Glyndebourne
- Flexibility of working hours to suit the seven-day nature of the Customer Service operation
- You would need to be physically fit to manage stock control
- Any job offer will be conditional on reference checks
Hours of work
You will be required to work from 2.45pm weekdays to the end of the long interval (which varies with each production) and from 1.45pm on Sundays
Rate of Pay & Benefits
The rate of pay is £7.76 per hour. In addition, we offer 5.6 weeks’ holiday inclusive of bank holidays per annum pro rata.
We have excellent on-site catering facilities, can offer a beautiful working environment and for those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is Friday 5 May 2017
We are an equal opportunities employer