Permanent Security Guard
We have a permanent vacancy for an experienced Guard to join our security team to provide a visible security presence and maintain the security of Glyndebourne’s buildings, grounds and property for staff, performing company and audience. This will include acting as a fire warden and first aider as required and to provide additional reception cover out of hours. Previous security experience is essential with a current SIA Licence preferred.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Monitor control and fire alarm panels investigating any isolations
- Check CCTV system, raising barrier when required
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances
- Intermittent patrols of the main building and ancillary buildings to prevent and detect signs of intrusion, fire hazards and ensure security of doors, windows
- Pre performance patrols to ensure doors and fire hydrants are not obstructed and illuminated fire signs are working
- Respond appropriately to security alerts, calling police or fire departments in cases of emergency
- Respond to first aid requests and fires as appropriate (other first aiders and fire wardens are available)
- Monitor entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Log daily activities such as transport and reception opening and closing times and irregularities, such as false alarms, equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorised persons, or unusual occurrences in handover book.
- Taking in and sorting post, parcels and milk
- Maintain stationery cupboard and liaising with Finance Department on stock and ordering
- Ensure equipment such as the defibrillator, radios and torches are always charged and ready for use
- Monitoring the turbine and notifying the duty engineer of any issues
- In conjunction with Building services run weekly fire alarm tests
- Support transport department with staff, performing company and audience with vehicle difficulties such as using emergency jump starter for flat batteries, pushing stuck cars, calling rescue services as required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Previous security experience
- Own Transport
- Current SIA Licence
- Current first aid at work certificate
- Previous fire warden experience
Hours of Work
You will be part of our team of 5 Guards and will work according to our shift rota based on an average 42 hours per week. This will consist of 2 Day shifts (06:30 – 18:30), followed by 2 Night shifts (18:30 – 06:30) and then 4 off.
Salary and Benefits
We can offer a salary of £21,783 per annum. Salaries are reviewed annually on 1st January.
We offer 5.6 weeks holiday per year rising to 6.6 weeks after 5 years including public holidays.
We have excellent on site catering facilities, can offer a beautiful working environment and the opportunity to see world class opera.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is 11 April 2018
We are an equal opportunities employer