Senior Payroll Officer
We have a vacancy for a Senior Payroll Officer to join our busy Payroll team. You will be responsible for processing our weekly payrolls using our integrated payroll/HR software.
You will have proven knowledge and experience of processing complex employment arrangements with excellent accuracy and organisational skills.
- Payroll clerical work for the weekly payrolls for both Glyndebourne Productions and Glyndebourne Enterprises using Carval integrated payroll/HR software:
- Checking & calculating timesheets
- Calculation of holiday pay
- Input to payroll systems
- Submitting weekly payroll files to BACS for payment
- Submitting RTI Submissions
- Processing Auto-enrolment
- Uploading files to the People’s Pension
- Dealing with payment queries from employees
- Dealing with leavers, calculating pay, providing P45s etc.
- Maintenance of payroll, e.g. adding new employees, pay increases etc. and including updating some HR information required for each employee
- Maintaining a good working knowledge of union agreements and current payroll legislation
- Distribution of pay slips
- Filing as necessary
- Typing routine payroll letters and sending responses to routine requests from HMRC, DWP etc.
- Managing payroll projects as directed, such as testing software for pension re-enrolment, Carval self-service, electronic time sheet management and managing archive costing requirements,etc.
- Absence cover for Payroll Manager and other Senior Payroll Payroll Officer, including preparation of payroll costing journals, sending out archive costing reports and monthly payroll.
- Other duties as required by the Payroll Manager
- A high degree of confidentiality is essential, particularly in respect of contracts and payments.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in a payroll environment, preferably CIPP qualified
- Experience of complex employment arrangements including union agreements, time sheets and variable working terms
- Ability to work extremely accurately to tight deadlines
- Good inter-personal skills – for team working and also for dealing with payroll queries from the company
- Good computer skills including Google Apps, Excel and Word and strong experience with integrated payroll/HR software such as Carval
Salary and Benefits
We can offer a salary of circa £27,000 per annum, dependant on experience. Salaries are reviewed annually on 1st January.
The contractual hours of work are 35 per week however you may be required to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role.
We offer 5.6 weeks holiday per year rising to 6.6 weeks after 5 years including public holidays.
We have excellent on site catering facilities, offer a beautiful working environment, the opportunity to see world class opera and for those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station and a season ticket loan scheme.
How to Apply
Applications will be reviewed as they arrive
We are an equal opportunities employer
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *