Music Library Assistant
Our busy Music Library supplies all music materials to singers, répétiteurs, conductors and visiting orchestras.
We have an opportunity for a musician who is interested in working in music administration. You will be dealing with day to day administration for the department including work on the library database and assisting in the preparation of music for operas scheduled for the Festival and Tour.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To edit and mark up of music materials with associated rehearsal cover and archiving for Festival and Tour productions
- To assist with music origination for in-house materials and amendments (Sibelius Notesetting Program)
- To operate supertitles on a shared rota basis for the Festival and Tour
- To assist with the maintenance of the music library database and the sending out, tracking and return of materials to musicians
- To carry out other administrative tasks including scanning, photocopying and binding, providing pronunciation and aural guides (repro), CD and tape duplication, and maintaining office supplies
- To provide assistance as required with provision of information to company and to field day to day library enquiries
- To provide assistance as required with pit setting for rehearsals and performances
- To assist Librarian with logistics of keyboard tuning and maintenance
- To carry out any other administrative or librarian tasks as required by the Senior Librarian and Librarian
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A music degree or experience of an orchestral instrument preferably at conservatoire level
- Music editorial experience of vocal and orchestral works
- Computer skills – Google, Word, Excel
- Knowledge of Sibelius musicsetting program to produce work of a high standard
- Well-developed interpersonal skills for dealing with colleagues and international artists
- Knowledge of French, German and Italian
- Knowledge of opera / classical music
- Some previous experience of working in a music library
- Flexibility and ability to organise and prioritise work
You will need to be flexible with working hours including some evening and weekend duties to operate the supertitling system (for which a separate payment is made) and to provide rehearsal/performance cover for the Music Library during the Festival and Tour.
Salary and Benefits
We can offer a salary of £17,850 per annum. Salaries are reviewed annually on 1st January.
The contractual hours of work are 35 per week however the role will involve some evening and weekend work during the Festival and Tour.
We offer 5.6 weeks holiday per year including public holidays.
We have excellent on site catering facilities, can offer a beautiful working environment, the opportunity to see world class opera and for those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station and a season ticket loan scheme.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is 24 March 2017
We are an equal opportunities employer