Our busy Music Library supplies all music materials to singers, répétiteurs, conductors and visiting orchestras.
We have an opportunity for a musician with previous music library experience to join our team.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Editing and marking up and archiving of music materials for all Glyndebourne productions.
- To be responsible for music origination of in-house materials and amendments (Sibelius Notesetting).
- To operate supertitles where required for all Glyndebourne Productions, including preparatory input and editing from a supplied script.
- To Coordinate Music Library activity with Company Office, Orchestra Pit, Music and Technical Staff concerning implementation of call sheet logistics for location and tuning of keyboards, set-up of chairs, stands and other equipment for rehearsals, auditions, filming and other events.
- To plan and implement the tuning and keyboard maintenance schedule. Make bookings for the keyboard instruments on- and off-site for all Glyndebourne productions.
- To liaise with Media regarding filming requirements in the pit and supertitle input for DVD production and live filming.
- To maintain and develop the music library contacts and loans database.
- Responsibility for the provision of office materials and preparation of purchase orders as required.
- To administer the bowing master and materials archive.
- To administer hires out of materials and instruments
- To provide assistance as required with provision of information to the Company and to field day to day library enquiries.
- To provide assistance as required with pit setting for rehearsals and performances.
- To carry out any other administrative or librarian tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A music degree or equivalent qualification
- Previous Music Library experience
- Music editorial experience
- Knowledge of opera / classical music
- Flexibility and ability to organise and prioritise work
- Basic Word, Excel and Google office suite
- Knowledge of a musicsetting program e.g. Sibelius/Dorico
- Knowledge of French, German and Italian
You will need to be flexible with working hours including some evening and weekend duties to operate the supertitling system (for which a separate payment is made) and to provide rehearsal/performance cover for the Music Library during the Festival and Tour.
Salary and Benefits
We can offer a salary of £23,000 – 25,000, dependent on experience. Salaries are reviewed annually on 1st January.
The contractual hours of work are 35 per week however you will need to be flexible to include some evening and weekend duties to operate the supertitling system (for which a separate payment is made) and to provide rehearsal/performance cover for the Music Library during the Festival, Tour and other events.
We offer 5.6 weeks holiday per year rising to 6.6 weeks after 5 years including public holidays.
We have excellent on site catering facilities, offer a beautiful working environment, the opportunity to see world class opera and for those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station and a season ticket loan scheme.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is Monday 20 August 2018 with interviews to be held w/c 27 August
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.