Membership Officer (Maternity Cover)
Fixed-term contract: Immediate start – August 2020
Since its founding in 1934, Glyndebourne has remained financially independent and, whilst receiving valued Arts Council support for the Tour and education work, the Festival receives no public subsidy. As a registered charity, our work is funded by Box Office income, our Members and supporters.
Working as part of our Membership team, as Membership Officer it will be your role to maximise Member satisfaction and retention through the delivery of engagement activities and the highest level of service.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responding to Members’ enquiries, feedback and correspondence.
- Responding to enquiries from the public about membership and playing a key role in converting enquiries into new joiners.
- Resolving queries and complaints
- Devising and compiling Membership materials including welcome & gift packs, renewal documents, invitations, leaflets, tri-annual Members newsletters.
- Sending and following up membership packs and information.
- Year round stewardship of Members including face to face in the summer and autumn.
- Planning, administration and delivery of Members’ Days, tours & other events.
- Assist the Head of Membership with research to support the review and development of the Membership structure.
- Assist in the delivery of membership acquisition and retention campaigns.
- Assist in the delivery of Member Benefits
- Segmentation & tailoring of communications.
- Administration of waiting list.
- Administration of Member accounts.
- Ensuring accuracy of Member and donor credits in Programme Books and other publications.
- Review and update Membership and Development web pages.
- Assist with processing and administration of membership subscription and donation pledges and payments, and Gift Aid declarations.
Knowledge, skills and Experience
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), confident with a range of people from different backgrounds
- Ability to work extremely accurately with excellent attention to detail
- Personable and team player but also self-motivated
- Previous experience working with CRM databases – we use Tessitura
- Ability to prioritise workload using own initiative
- Ability to deliver under pressure and to deadline
- Good working knowledge of desktop applications
- Experience of working in a customer service environment
- Interest in opera / the arts
You will be required to work some hours at evenings and weekends
Salary and Benefits
We can offer a salary of circa £22,000 dependent on experience.
The contractual hours of work are 35 per week however you may be required to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role.
We offer 5.6 weeks holiday per year including bank holidays
We have excellent on site catering facilities, offer a beautiful working environment, the opportunity to see world class opera and for those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station and a season ticket loan scheme.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 30 April 2019 with interviews to be held w/c 6 May
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer