Glyndebourne is committed to transforming lives through opera and engaging with broad audiences.
As Media Officer you will secure quality media coverage across a range of national, international and consumer outlets both print and digital, working across a busy twelve month campaign structure. Also, you will lead on securing support and coverage from influencers across the digital sphere, including social media platforms.
Reporting to the Head of Press & PR, this role is instrumental to the planning and implementation of PR campaigns and to working with key opinion leaders to help increase awareness and understanding of Glyndebourne as a brand. Critical to success in this role will be the ability to work closely and collaboratively with colleagues across the Company and to play an active role in the Communications Department.
The role requires solid experience in both press and social media PR campaigns, with specialism in the lifestyle area, a proactive, enthusiastic approach and excellent working knowledge of the UK media and lifestyle and fashion influencers (good working knowledge of international media and skills in European language(s) would also be beneficial).
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage daily media enquiries within an efficient time frame, supporting and enhancing the reputation of Glyndebourne and the press office
- Devise, in collaboration with the Head of Press and PR, influencer and social media PR campaigns across the Glyndebourne offering (the Festival experience, Tour, garden, dining, education, shop); implementing these in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Work sensitively with Glyndebourne colleagues to realise media stories, working within established guidelines and processes that outline agreements for filming permissions and interview opportunities for cast and creative teams.
- Deliver press activity (long and short lead) promoting the Festival, Tour and shop with a particular emphasis on the lifestyle elements of the Glyndebourne experience (food and drink, fashion, garden).
- Manage the press ticket budgets across the Festival and Tour.
- Engage and maintain relationships with core arts and lifestyle journalists and influencers across the media space.
- Provide full support on Opening nights, with an understanding that out of hours and weekend work will at times be necessary across the Festival
- Liaise with visiting artists for internal and external media and filming coverage.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with the touring venues and their press teams, working collaboratively to secure national and regional media coverage
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of managing relationships with national media and key influencers across a diverse range of outlets and platforms
- Experience of working on social media and influencer PR campaigns and of working with key opinion formers
- Experience of working in lifestyle PR
- Excellent writing skills to create bespoke and compelling media content
- Experience of briefing interviewees on key messaging and approach
- Experience of creating messages and positioning for key markets and target media
- A solid background in pitching and securing quality coverage across a range of outlets and platforms
- Ability to report weekly on successes, challenges and opportunities
- Ability to think creatively and reactively about content and story creation
- A team player, committed to delivering on objectives with the ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities in busy campaign periods.
- An interest in the Arts including Opera.
Salary and Benefits
We can offer a salary of between £27 – 30,000 per annum, dependent on experience. Salaries are reviewed annually on 1st January.
The contractual hours of work are 35 per week however you may be required to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role.
We offer 5.6 weeks holiday per year rising to 6.6 weeks after 5 years including public holidays.
We have excellent on site catering facilities, offer a beautiful working environment, the opportunity to see world class opera and for those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station and a season ticket loan scheme.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is Thursday 21 June 2018 with interviews to be held on 28 and 29 June.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.