Glyndebourne is looking for an experienced Marketing Coordinator to work within its communications department. This is a key role that delivers one of the most valuable strands of our marketing: email. You’ll be passionate about understanding audiences and finding the best way to keep them engaged with Glyndebourne through insightful segmentation, creative content and intelligent design. Each area of your work – whether email, our cinema campaign or the department’s schedules – demonstrates a passion for precision and enviable eye for detail. It’s a varied role which best suits a natural collaborator with a can-do attitude.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Lead and execute the year-round email marketing campaign
- Play a lead role in Glyndebourne’s CRM strategy by overseeing all elements of our email marketing: working closely with other departments to manage the schedule of communications to our audience and leading on the design and delivery of all emails using Wordfly.
- Ensure Glyndebourne is up-to-date with best practice and technological developments in email marketing.
- Provide support, advice and, where required, training to other areas of the organisation on effective email communications.
Manage our summer cinema activity
- Plan and manage the campaign to drive sales for our summer cinema activity, working as the primary contact with our cinema distributor.
Create engaging content
- Create engaging content which builds the Glyndebourne brand and drives sales, demonstrating awareness of the strengths of different channels and the needs of different audiences.
- Support the Head of Marketing with the commissioning and management of short form video content.
Play an active role in our year-round integrated communications
- Support the Head of Marketing and Marketing Manager with the development and implementation of marketing campaigns throughout the year, working closely with the wider communications team (media, digital, audience insights) and colleagues in box office, membership and education to maximise sales and increase awareness across all areas of Glyndebourne’s work.
- Manage the relationship with our mailing house, finding efficiencies where possible.
- Provide website support, working closely with the digital media team to ensure glyndebourne.com effectively supports our marketing campaigns.
- Be a brand ambassador and ensure that all communications support the Glyndebourne brand and adhere to our Style Guide.
- Work closely with the Audience Insights Manager to develop a structure and process for the day-to-day monitoring and reporting of marketing campaigns, including data analysis using the Tessitura database and its associated tools.
- Be the department’s Tessitura expert and ambassador, liaising with other internal experts and stakeholder.
- Provide administrative support for the marketing team and fulfil any other relevant duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a busy marketing or related department
- Experience of implementing marketing campaigns with sales and audience development objectives
- Experience of using an email marketing tool
- Experience of a CRM database system: Tessitura or equivalent
- Experience of commissioning and delivering original marketing content
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, with proofreading experience
- Ability to collaborate and work with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines, remaining calm under pressure
- A demonstrable eye for design
- An analytical approach
- Experience of design tools, including the use of Photoshop
- Experience of campaign analytics
- Experience of audience segmentation
- A practical understanding of data protection law
- Experience of an integrated communications approach
- An interest in opera and the arts
- A marketing qualification is desirable
Salary and Benefits
We can offer a salary of £22,000, dependent on experience. Salaries are reviewed annually on 1st January
The contractual hours of work are 35 per week however you may be required to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role
We offer 5.6 weeks holiday per year rising to 6.6 weeks after 5 years including public holidays.
We have excellent on site catering facilities, offer a beautiful working environment, the opportunity to see world class opera and for those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station and a season ticket loan scheme.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is Friday 5 May 2017 with interviews to be held w/c 15 May
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *