We have a vacancy for an experienced Management Accountant to join our Finance team.
You will be responsible for the preparation of monthly management accounts, supporting managers with budgets, environmental reporting and the preparation of information for statutory returns. We are looking for someone who has either a part or full CIMA qualification, with excellent organisational and communication skills, a high level of attention to detail and accuracy with prior experience working within a finance environment essential.
Management accounting role responsible for
- Preparation of monthly management accounts within PS Financials for the Charity and Trading Subsidiary, to include Education and Media & Development
- Preparing monthly and ad-hoc reports for Heads of Department
- Supporting Heads of Department with budget preparation
- Importing budgets to PS Financials
- Processing management charge for trading subsidiary
- Cross charging Catering provider for services supplied
- Stock tracking and reporting for sales of Programmes
- Annual return on investments for productions
- Monthly meetings with the Education department to review projects
- Collating monthly meter readings from Building Services team and providing information on the Wind Turbine to relevant providers to facilitate timely receipt of government subsidies
- Tracking information on waste management and recycling
Cash book for Membership & Development and the New Generation Programme
- Posting cash book entries for the Membership & Development and New Generation Programme bank accounts
- Bank reconciliations for the above accounts
- Resolving queries internally and with the bank
- Assisting with preparation of information for statutory returns as required
- Maintenance of Fixed Assets Register:
- Recording asset purchases, ensuring that accurate description is held on the database, including scanned copies of invoices
- Running year end asset and depreciation reports
- Inventory checking and maintenance of accurate database
Other work as required, either one-off projects, analysis or reconciliations, or to cover for/assist colleagues in the Finance Team
A high degree of confidentiality is essential, particularly in respect of contracts and payments.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Prior experience working within a finance environment
- Part or full CIMA qualification
- SQL/Crystal report writing skills
- Ability to work extremely accurately
- Personable and team player but also self-motivated
- Good working knowledge of desktop applications, including advanced Excel
- Familiarity with PS Financials
Salary and Benefits
We can offer a salary of up to £30,000 dependent on experience. Salaries are reviewed annually on 1st January.
This is a full time position, the contractual hours of work are 09:00-17:00, Monday-Friday however you may be required to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role.
We offer 5.6 weeks holiday per year rising to 6.6 weeks after 5 years including public holidays.
We have excellent on site catering facilities, can offer a beautiful working environment, the opportunity to see world class opera and for those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station and a season ticket loan scheme.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is Friday 1 March 2019
We are an equal opportunities employer