Maintenance Operative- Plumber
The Building Services department at Glyndebourne maintains the theatre, restaurants and public areas, production departments and offices.
We are looking for an experienced Plumber to join our maintenance team. We can offer a varied and interesting workload in a friendly working environment. You will carry out a variety of jobs including plumbing, minor repairs and assisting the Building Services Engineers. You must be physically fit, able to work with minimum direction and have good practical and mechanical skills.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- To carry out plumbing installations and modifications where necessary.
- To carry out routine cleaning of drainage systems (both foul and surface water) in accordance with maintenance procedures and any legislative requirements.
- Carry out routine cleaning of plant and engineering spaces as directed.
- To report on and repair any plant/equipment/installations deterioration and recommend required action.
- To carry out routine lamp changing and basic electrical repairs to light fittings as deemed appropriate by your Supervisor.
- To accurately and legibly complete PPMs to agreed and specified timescales and write reports as required. To carry out PPMs when requested, inside or outside of opening times. To progress PPMs and ensure the completed reports are returned in an efficient manner.
- To provide a first class responsive service; ensuring always to be courteous and attentive, with a particular focus on customer service.
- To provide engineering cover in the event of an emergency, and to respond to emergency situations in accordance with Glyndebourne’s emergency procedures.
- To work with the Building Services Team in carrying out reactive M&E and Fabric works and day to day engineering duties as specified by your supervisor; ensuring plant & equipment are maintained at appropriate times to suit the business.
- To be flexible in the type of work undertaken to ensure that an adaptable service is provided to all employees and customers.
- To supervise contractors as required.
- Attend operational and personnel reviews in consultation with your Manager/Supervisor.
- Training will be provided to update the post holder’s skills and knowledge in these areas where appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience working in the Building Services sector.
- A recognised plumbing qualification.
- Able to demonstrate a reasonable knowledge of statutory health and safety requirements.
- Demonstrate high levels of adaptability; quick to take on board new ideas, logical in addressing technical or customer related issues.
- Diplomacy with colleagues and members of the public.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to work on his/her own initiative, without supervision.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure, in stressful situations, and in an emergency.
- The ability to work at height from various platforms including Vertical Powered Platforms and scaffold towers.
- Ability to work in confined enclosed spaces.
- Basic computer literacy.
- A good command of written and spoken English.
Knowledge of Legionella in buildings awareness and monitoring
Salary & Benefits
We can offer a salary of £21,500-22,500 dependent on experience. Salaries are reviewed annually on 1st January.
The contractual hours of work are 35 per week, Monday-Friday however you may be required to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role.
We offer 5.6 weeks holiday per year rising to 6.6 weeks after 5 years including public holidays.
We have excellent on site catering facilities, can offer a beautiful working environment, the opportunity to see world class opera.
How to Apply
Applications will be reviewed as they arrive.
We are an equal opportunities employer.