Maintenance Operative- Carpenter
The Building Services department at Glyndebourne maintains the theatre, restaurants and public areas, production departments and offices.
We are looking for an experienced Carpenter to join our maintenance team. We can offer a varied and interesting workload in a friendly working environment. You will carry out a variety of jobs including carpentry, minor repairs and assisting the Building Services Engineers. You must be physically fit, able to work with minimum direction and have good practical and mechanical skills.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- To assist in the preparation and implementation of planned maintenance routines, report on effectiveness of those routines and make recommendations to improve practices.
- Proven carpentry skills to enable general carpentry work across the site.
- To hang pictures, lay carpet tiles, replace light bulbs, move office furniture.
- To accurately and legibly complete PPMs to agreed and specified timescales and write reports as required. To carry out PPMs when requested, inside or outside of opening times. To progress PPMs and ensure the completed reports are returned in an efficient manner.
- To work with Glyndebourne’s Building Maintenance/Asset management System. This is a software based system used for the recording and submission of planned and reactive maintenance
- To provide a first class responsive service; ensuring always to be courteous and attentive, with a particular focus on customer service.
- To provide engineering cover in the event of an emergency, and to respond to emergency situations in accordance with Glyndebourne’s emergency procedures.
- To work with the Building Services Team in carrying out reactive M&E and Fabric works and day to day engineering duties as specified by your supervisor; ensuring plant & equipment are maintained at appropriate times to suit the business.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- City & Guilds qualification (or equivalent) in carpentry.
- Able to demonstrate a reasonable knowledge of statutory health and safety requirements.
- Demonstrate high levels of adaptability; quick to take on board new ideas, logical in addressing technical or customer related issues
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to work on his/her own initiative, without supervision.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure, in stressful situations, and in an emergency
- The ability to work at height from various platforms including Vertical Powered Platforms and scaffold towers.
- Ability to work in confined enclosed spaces.
- Basic computer literacy.
- A good command of written and spoken English.
- Experience of working within a Building Services or similar environment.
Salary & Benefits
We can offer a salary of £21,500-22,500 dependent on experience. Salaries are reviewed annually on 1st January.
The contractual hours of work are 35 per week, Monday-Friday however you may be required to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role.
We offer 5.6 weeks holiday per year rising to 6.6 weeks after 5 years including public holidays.
We have excellent on site catering facilities, can offer a beautiful working environment, the opportunity to see world class opera.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 23 May 2018
We are an equal opportunities employer.