Front of House Supervisor
Part Time, 6 May – 26 August 2018
We have a vacancy for a Front of House Supervisor, on a seasonal contract, to enhance the experience we currently provide for customers during their visit to Glyndebourne.
As part of a job share you will manage our team of FOH Assistants, providing services in the main car park, coach park, set-down area, Lewes Station and across the site as required for all performances and events.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Line management of all FOH Assistants, including conducting annual probabtion reviews and appraisals and identifying training needs.
- To work with the Customer Service team in recruitment of new FOH Assistants and to provide information for seasonal contracts.
- To work with the other FOH Supervisor to prepare and maintain Festival, Tour and extra event rotas for the FOH Assistant team.
- To work with the other FOH supervisor to provide the weekly time-sheets for authorisation.
- To work with the House Manager and FOH supervisor to create an induction programme for FOH assistants.
- To work with the other FOH supervisor to create and maintain a user manual with clear concise instructions for each role.
- To work with the other FOH supervisor to ensure that the team is fully trained and deliver consistent service levels at all times.
- To ensure the FOH supervisor performance duty is equally shared between the 2 supervisor roles.
- Ensure the team is aware of Glyndebourne’s evacuation procedure and are able to evacuate the audience and company efficiently.
- To oversee Health and Safety risk assessments relating to the job role.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A full clean licence.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of project/rota planning
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous supervisory experience
- Highly organised and detailed approach to administration
- Good IT skills
- First aid training
- Basic mechanical knowledge
The FOH supervisor will be expected to work flexibly throughout the year, including weekends and evenings.
Hours of work
Between 6 May and 26 August you must be available to work 3-4 shifts per week of 6 hours or 8 hours, which can be between 12.00 noon and 10.30pm, on set days between Monday and Sunday. This shift pattern will involve working most Saturdays and/or Sundays throughout the season.
In addition, you must be available for training on the following days: Thursday 26 April, Saturday 28 April, Friday 4 May and the evening of Sunday 13 May.
We will also require you to work approximately 12 days out of season for administration duties.
There will also be the opportunity to work in October 2018 during our Tour, which commences at Glyndebourne.
Rate of Pay and Benefits
The rate of pay is £9.50 per hour. In addition, we offer 5.6 weeks’ holiday inclusive of bank holidays per annum pro rata.
We have excellent on-site catering facilities, can offer a beautiful working environment and for those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 28 February 2018, with interviews to be held w/c 12 March.
We are an equal opportunities employer