We have a vacancy for a Finance Assistant to join our Finance team as a Trainee.
You will have specific responsibility for the Purchase Ledger and Cash Book for Glyndebourne Enterprises, with other duties including cash handling and expense payments. We are looking for someone with excellent organisational and communication skills, a high level of attention to detail and accuracy who is currently studying towards an AAT qualification, prior experience working within a finance environment is preferable. There will be some flexibility to allow time out for study leave.
Purchase ledger clerk for Glyndebourne Enterprises Limited
- Registering supplier invoices for Glyndebourne Enterprises Limited
- Circulating invoices for authorisation in accordance with company delegated authorities policy
- Answering queries from suppliers and Heads of Department
- Making payments to suppliers by BACs or cheque
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Maintaining supplier accounts
- Paying all overseas suppliers accounts in foreign currency as required
- Processing all direct debits
- Managing purchase orders
- Maintaining the register period to ensure all invoices are cleared
- Creating year end accruals
Cash Book for Glyndebourne Enterprises Limited
- Posting cash book entries for current account
- Bank reconciliations for above account, including Sagepay and Paypal
- Resolving queries internally and with the bank
- Posting shop sales and cost of sales
- Counting shop cash takings and paying into petty cash
- Banking and cashbook input including production of miscellaneous cheques and taking cheques for both the trading subsidiary and the Charity to the bank as required
- Reconciling the cashbook to bank statements each week, ensuring that there are no unexplained variances
- Reconciling nominal ledger balances for the bank deposit accounts
- Operation of the cash window and maintaining petty cash float at agreed levels according to business needs
- Balancing float each day with complete accuracy
- Paying expenses by cash or by BACS
- Analysing claims (expenses and petty cash) and data input
- Reconciling nominal ledger control accounts each month
- Preparing a summary of expenses claimed and numbers of people paid each month.
Other work as required, either one-off projects, analysis or reconciliations, or to cover for/assist colleagues in the Finance Team
A high degree of confidentiality is essential, particularly in respect of contracts and payments.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Studying towards AAT
- Prior experience working within a finance environment
- Driving licence
- Ability to work extremely accurately
- Personable and team player
- Good working knowledge of desktop applications, particularly Excel
- Familiarity with PS Financials
Salary and Benefits
We can offer a salary of between £18 – £20,000 dependent on experience. Salaries are reviewed annually on 1st January.
This is a full time position, the contractual hours of work are 09:00-17:00, Monday-Friday however you may be required to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role. There will be some flexibility to allow time out for study leave.
We offer 5.6 weeks holiday per year rising to 6.6 weeks after 5 years including public holidays.
We have excellent on site catering facilities, can offer a beautiful working environment, the opportunity to see world class opera and for those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station and a season ticket loan scheme.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is Friday 3 May 2019
We are an equal opportunities employer
* Previous candidates need not apply *