Initial 6 Month Fixed-Term contract with a possibility to become Permanent
We have a vacancy for an experienced Assistant to join our Finance team, you will have specific responsibility for our Purchase Ledger, but with other duties including Company credit cards, Cash book posting and maintaining our Asset Register. We are looking for someone with excellent organisational and communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy with previous finance experience preferable.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Registering supplier invoices
- Circulating invoices for authorisation in accordance with company delegated authorities policy
- Answering queries from suppliers and Heads of Department
- Making payments to suppliers by BACs or cheque
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Maintaining supplier accounts
- Paying all overseas suppliers accounts in foreign currency as required
- Processing all direct debits
- Managing purchase orders
- Maintaining the register period to ensure all invoices are cleared
- Creating year end accruals
Company credit cards
- Checking and posting credit card transactions
- Maintaining a schedule of outstanding statements and reminding cardholders of overdue paperwork
Cash Book for Glyndebourne Productions Limited
- Posting cash book entries for current and deposit accounts
- Bank reconciliations for above accounts
- Resolving queries internally and with the bank
- Counting shop cash takings and paying into petty cash
- Taking cheques to the bank on a weekly basis
- Operation of cash window
- Ordering stationery for the store and all departments
- Liaising with security regarding replenishing store stock
- Confirming that stationery invoices are correct and the goods are delivered before forwarding for authorisation to pay
- Recording asset purchases, ensuring that accurate description is held on the database, including scanned copies of invoices
- Running year end asset and depreciation reports
- Inventory checking and subsequent database updating
A high degree of confidentiality is essential, particularly in respect of contracts and payments.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Prior experience working in a finance department preferable
- Ability to work extremely accurately
- Flexible attitude and good team working skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Good working knowledge of Word and Excel and familiarity with other finance software.
- Driving licence helpful
Salary & Benefits
We can offer a salary of £15,600.
The contractual hours of work are 27.5 per week, Monday-Friday with flexible start and finish times however you may be required to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role.
In addition, we offer 5.6 weeks’ holiday inclusive of bank holidays per annum pro rata.
We have excellent on site catering facilities, can offer a beautiful working environment, the opportunity to see world class opera. For those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is Friday 9 February 2018
We are an equal opportunities employer.
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **